Meadows Ridge Healthcare Center is looking for an exceptional Activities Director to join the family! This individual will plan, coordinate, conduct, and implement a therapeutic activity program to meet both group and individual patient’s needs and interests. Assists in providing a clean, safe, dignified, happy and healthy environment for residents by performing the duties as described below.
Weekly / Fulltime/ Full Benefits!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Complies with the facility’s attendance policy requiring regular, reliable, and punctual attendance.
· Interviews and evaluates each resident, as well as family, friends, or responsible party, to determine his/her background, interests, abilities, physical limitations and needs for the purpose of planning and implementing a meaningful program.
· Assists in activity planning/reviews each resident’s transfer forms, and histories.
· Develops appropriate records which indicate resident attendance and participation in the program with reference to resident responses to the program.
· Develops a method to implement programs within a designated budget allocated by the facility
· Maintains department budget and turn in prior to the end of every month.
· Insures residents are brought to all appropriate activities and that every resident has a reasonable and adequate activity plan.
· Establishes an active volunteer program that includes screening, training and supervision of volunteers.
· Monitors and supervises assistants and volunteers.
· Interprets to residents, staff members, and the community the purpose and achievements of the activity program.
· Attends and participates in staff meetings and in-service training programs.
· Develops a method for obtaining current knowledge of Federal and State regulations pertaining to activity programs.
· Develops methods for effective utilization of community resources.
· Coordinates monthly resident council meetings, with minutes.
· Assigns activities and document on MDS’s, care plans and quarterly notes, in preparation for Resident
Care Plan conference reviews.
· Plans and develops an outside activity program.
· Establishes and maintains an effective room visit program, with documentation as needed.
· Maintains a room visit cart with a wide range of activity equipment and supplies.
· Participates in resident Care Policy Committee and Quality Assurance Committee meetings.
· Participates in Comprehensive Assessment, Quarterly Assessment, PPS to include appropriate documentation.
· Attends Resident Care Plan conferences and participates in creating a meaningful plan of care.
· Participates in the Quality Assurance Program and passes annual CQI.
· Follows infection control policies during candlelight dinners and coffee social hours.
· Maintains “happy feet” program in all units.
· Arranges chairs, tables, and sporting or exercise equipment in designated rooms or other areas for scheduled group activities.
· Acts as an advocate for residents’ well being and rights.
· Encourage participation by other department managers to assist with activities or special events as needed.
· Assures facility reflects appropriate monthly, seasonal, and holiday events by providing decorations, newsletters, calendars, announcements, etc., to promote the residents’ quality of life. Set up and removal of such items must be done in a timely manner.
· Performs other duties or functions as assigned by the Administrator and/or DON
Directly supervises Activity Assistant, Driver, and volunteers in accordance with state law and regulations.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Must have successfully completed at least 40 hours training in a course designed specifically from this position and approved by the Department of Health Services. Two years of experience in a social or recreational program within the past five years, one of which was full-time in a patient activities program in a health care setting.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Successful completion of 40-hour Activates Director Course from an accredited institution or approved course.