Job Title: Sr. Project Manager
Reports to: Managing Director
The Project Manager is required to take a leadership role in the execution of all aspects of assigned healthcare projects. This includes defining the project’s objectives and overseeing quality control throughout its life cycle. The individual must possess a strong understanding of all aspects of the development process and a strong track record as a project manager. The Sr. Project Manager will partner with key organizational and operational leaders to identify and achieve priorities, goals, and objectives for each initiative. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members in order to deliver projects according to plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads partners, planners and associates in performing project feasibility analysis.
- Conducts project visioning sessions with client’s senior management.
- Interfaces with client’s administration, property managers and vendors.
- Lead the A/E qualification, selection and contract negotiations.
- Leads the qualification, selection and contract negotiations for other team consultant members.
- Reviews, negotiates and approves A/E and consultant additional work requests
- Supervises the programming and planning efforts of the selected architect.
- Performs site analysis and investigations.
- Develops and adheres to detailed development budgets and schedules.
- Obtains required project public approvals (CON, Zoning, Annexation, Site Plan Approval, Wetlands, other Processes).
- Provides design direction and managing the overall design process.
- Reviews design development and construction documents to determine adequacy.
- Leads the GC or CM qualifications, selection and contract negotiations.
- Evaluates the adequacy of all construction allowances, contingencies and general conditions.
- Provides construction administration in adherence with the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Reviews and negotiates GC or CM change order requests.
- Monitors the GC or CM performance for areas of potential risk and provides leadership in project safety, quality, and infection prevention.
- Provides project cost control and prepares timely and accurate monthly budget reports and invoicing.
- Coordinates the selection, procurement, delivery and installation of medical and other equipment, signage and furniture.
- Prepares monthly reports to clients and accountable for developing and monitoring project performance indicators.
- Creates project overview and status report presentations to clients’ administration, board and committees.
- Collaborates with others within the Company to reach client goals and objectives as well as overall Company success.
- Uses e-Builder software throughout the project.
- Embraces the Company’s culture and works collaboratively with others to reach business goals and objectives.
- Promotes the services of the Company through thought leadership, speaking engagements, client leadership
Supervisory Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Project Manager will provide strong leadership and oversight for Project Managers and Project Coordinators. This position will assume responsibility for the efficiency, effectiveness, and professional development of the team, and will carry out these responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies, procedures, and applicable laws.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive healthcare development project management experience including projects in the ranging from $100-$500 million building strong cross-functional relationships to ensure that all client stakeholders are appropriately engaged and satisfied.
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of professionalism and performance leading planning, design, preconstruction, contract negotiations, cost control, scheduling, and team coordination activities.
- Excellent project budgeting, contract negotiations, and scheduling skills are essential for success in this position.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to analyze data to the client and team to achieve project goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with executive level external and internal healthcare clients.
- Strong ability to multitask, work independently and manage all aspects of a construction projects effectively and efficiently.
- Must have proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook). E-Builder experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; and five years related construction experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with medically related construction is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.