Property Management Assistant
Meadows & Ohly Richmond, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job title: Property Management Assistant
FLSA status: Non-Exempt
Department: Real Estate Services
Reports to: Senior Manager
Provide a high level of administrative support for multiple managers by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain tenant and lease information in Accounting/Property Management software and property files as required, including abstracting lease documents.
- Draft, revise, format, and track documents related to leases and contracts.
- Assist in vendor management including maintaining service contracts and COIs, validating, and processing invoices in client’s software, and scheduling service.
- Manage the preparation and collection of tenant billings.
- Assist in the preparation of third-party owner reports.
- Assist in tenant relations and service including planning building events, drafting tenant correspondence, processing tenant requests, preparing tenant handbooks, managing life safety documentation, assisting with move-ins/move-outs, and contacting tenants as needed.
- Assist with the organization of construction projects including ordering, coordinating contractor correspondence, payment applications, COIs, and lien waivers.
- Provide support to and be the point of contact for building managers as needed.
- Support team in the implementation of short- and long-term projects.
- Compose a variety of correspondence; compile and process confidential materials; review finished materials for completeness, accuracy, proper format, and grammar.
- Receive and route incoming mail and packages.
- Prepare outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mail and overnight deliveries.
- Organize and maintain documents and computer-based information in digital and physical folders.
- Organize own work schedule, set priorities, and meet critical deadlines.
- Answer and direct phone calls.
- Greet and assist visitors.
- Provide support for meetings, guests, visitors, and employees.
- Order catering/set up for team meals and events.
- Provide general office support to team (e.g., file management, general office maintenance, general information technology support, invoicing, office supplies and equipment).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and consistently meet deadlines.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of lease terms, operating costs, construction, and budgeting preferred.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information; demonstrates poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Analytical ability to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative problems, and prioritize work.
- Ability to work well in small, dynamic team environment.
- Maintain and program Building Access Control System.
- Maintain EnergyStar database.
- Associate’s degree from a college or university required with Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Previous work experience in a legal or real estate environment preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Meadows & Ohly
Real EstateView all jobs at Meadows & Ohly