Commercial Property Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Meadows & Ohly (“M&O”) is a comprehensive healthcare real estate services firm that has been serving the healthcare industry since 1972. Throughout our nearly 50 year history, M&O has developed, owned and managed more than $1 billion in medical office buildings. We are active in eight states and have more than 100 employees in five offices: Atlanta, Augusta, Charlotte, Jacksonville and Richmond. Currently, our property management group serves over 600 medical practices with 2,000 physicians in more than 9.2 million square feet of medical office space.
Meadows & Ohly continues to differentiate ourselves in the market by our commitment to our core values – impeccable integrity, enthusiastic hard work and long-term relationships, all of which drive us to do what is best, not what is easiest. Our most important asset continues to be our exceptional people; they each play an integral role in our company and the sustainability of our mission and values. Thank you for your interest in working with Meadows & Ohly!
The individual in this position is responsible for the leadership and management of all aspects of a medical office building portfolio consisting of multiple properties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with tenants and property owners.
- Lead building management staff in a manner that results in high tenant satisfaction and retention.
- Anticipate and respond to property owner’s needs and concerns.
- Perform regular inspections of the property. Recommend and direct alterations, maintenance and reconditioning of the property as required.
- Develop, manage, and understand the annual operating budgets, forecasts, monthly performance reports, variance analyses, occupancy and other reports for each property, as required by owner.
- Oversee the collection of rent, payment of expenses, compliance with lease terms and preparation of all required legal notices. Recommend and coordinate legal action as necessary.
- Oversee and approve the calculation of special billings.
- Develop and manage the property-marketing plan including but not limited to tenant relations, community outreach, and advertising to maintain building occupancy.
- Perform leasing sales calls, conduct meetings with prospective tenants (during normal hours and after hours) and negotiating lease provisions.
- Procure and manage vendor service contracts. Ensure proper contract performance, as well as timely review and payment of vendor invoices.
- Lead annual building management staff performance reviews. Help guide and direct future career development.
- Lead and manage tenant improvement construction including developing design documents with tenant and architect, identifying appropriate general contracts, conducting a bid evaluation process and supervising the project.
- Oversee and manage tenant move-in and move-out process.
- Oversee and manage the preventive maintenance programs.
- Provide leadership and support to building management team.
- Develop, review and maintain life safety programs for each property.
- Develop and oversee the planning, budgeting and implementation of capital expenditures needs.
- Conduct and maintain positive relationships with industry, government and vendor representatives as necessary in the successful management of the property.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret complex business documents and contracts.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret lease and other real estate documents.
- Ability to forecast and prepare budgets.
- Ability to lead, manage and motivate others.
- Ability to respond to sensitive issues, complex inquires or complaints from clients, co-workers, supervisor and management.
- Ability to make effective presentations to a client, prospective client, or internal staff.
- Ability to multi-task and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to manage design, construction, and other professionals on tenant improvement and capital projects.
- Ability to negotiate effectively and respectfully.
- Bachelors’ degree from a four-year college or university; or ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Active Real Estate Salesperson’s license is required.
- Must have reliable transportation and hold a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background, credit and drug screen.
The physical demands described here are representative of those demands that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk; and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. The employee frequently is required to drive to off-site locations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
There is an on-call requirement to be available for after-hours emergency calls.
Meadows & Ohly
Get fresh Commercial Real Estate Assistant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.