Building Manager/Maintenance Engineer
Meadows & Ohly Haymarket, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This individual is responsible for providing oversight, supervision, and active participation in the management of the operations and maintenance of medical office buildings. The individual’s duties typically include the following:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide management oversight of service vendors for routine maintenance, construction projects, and proper operation of building(s).
- Respond to tenant requests as needed and communicate progress of each task.
- Build meaningful relationships with building tenants, service vendors, and building owners.
- Coordinate all necessary inspections and oversee corrective action (if any) to maintain compliance for elevators, fire alarm, ADA, etc.
- Perform or cause to be performed, preventive maintenance, testing and inspections of all building systems and equipment to ensure proper operation.
- Conduct routine walk throughs of the property to pro-actively identify housekeeping, service, or maintenance deficiencies.
- Assist Property Manager with planning and budgeting of building operations.
- Order and maintain routine office, janitorial, and maintenance supplies.
- Maintain files, manuals, and routine correspondence in the onsite management office.
- Respond to after-hours emergencies as needed.
- Identify potential safety issues and correct.
- Manage the facility to maximize efficiency.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrate traits as a self-starter, proactive manager, creative problem solver, and principal decision-maker.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of power and basic hand tools.
- Basic knowledge of mechanical systems such as HVAC, plumbing, electrical, etc.
- Ability to understand blueprints and building system schematics.
- Ability to read and interpret Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Ability to plan and organize work process, projects, and maintenance tasks.
- Ability to manage others.
- Ability to build relationships with a customer service mindset.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Two years of work experience in building operations, maintenance, construction, manufacturing, or other service industry with a focus on customer service.
The physical demands described here are representative of those demands that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk; and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. The employee is occasionally required to ascend a ladder and complete overhead work. The employee must be able to enter and exit confined areas/spaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Meadows & Ohly
Real EstateView all jobs at Meadows & Ohly