Meadow Ridge, Connecticut’s premier life plan retirement community in Redding, CT, is seeking a dynamic professional to oversee our Human Resources Department. We are looking for the right individual to join our team in which exceptional care and service is the standard. Meadow Ridge offers a beautiful work environment with competitive wages, great staffing ratios, and an excellent benefits package.
The Human Resources Director is responsible for overseeing, planning, coordinating and administering all Human Resource activities for the community in accordance with established policies and procedures and state and federal laws. The Human Resources Director acts as a resource to the Executive Director and leadership team and communicates and supports appropriate information coordination with Senior Care Development (SCD) team members.
The Human Resources Director should have: a minimum two (2) years of Human Resources Manager experience, and/or five (5) years of Human Resources Generalist experience with a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field; experience designing, assessing, deploying and optimizing talent campaigns and initiatives; the ability to define and present recruiting pipeline metrics and data; and experience in a professional office setting or hospitality environment where good communication (especially telephone) and customer relation skills are essential.
The ideal candidate should also demonstrate:
· Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with other staff members, departments, administration, and residents using a team approach,
· Ability to work independently and manage time efficiently,
· High level of confidentiality and discretion,
· Problem-solving and conflict resolution,
· Superior relationship building, networking, and customer service skills,
· Ability to foster trust and promote collaboration,
· Discretion and good independent judgement,
· Strong organizational skills, able to multi-task, and can manage time to meet frequently changing deadlines in a fast-paced environment,
· Strong research skills (conventional and internet),
· Strong social media skills, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.,
· Computer proficiency with various software including the Microsoft Office suite and Human Resources software,
· Strong written and verbal communication skills,
· Strong public speaking, presentation skills, and interpersonal and relationship-building skills,
· Ability to learn and comply with industry legal requirements, especially related to federal, state and local employment regulations,
· Ability to maintain a courteous, friendly, and helpful attitude at all times,
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents such as: DOL regulations, legal documentation, hearing results, etc.
· Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, memos, and instruction manuals in English,
· Ability to communicate effectively and perform basic math calculations,
· Ability to write reports, newsletters, announcements, and general correspondence using standard word processing and publishing software,
· Ability to respond to questions from groups, managers, residents, staff, and the general public,
· Ability to remain calm and project a positive attitude,
· Flexibility of hours: days, nights, weekends, and/or some holidays,
· Ability to perform routine tasks and follow directions accurately and completely,
· Professional phone manner and clear communication through the telephone system,
· Knowledge of appropriate skills for communicating with individuals of all ages, especially the geriatric population.
Meadow Ridge is an equal opportunity employer and acts in accordance with applicable law on all of our hiring and employment practices. We strictly prohibit discrimination based on characteristics such as age, ancestry, color, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Thank you for your interest in learning more about the employment opportunities Meadow Ridge may have for you. Interested applicants should please send their resume and cover letter (including salary requirements) today!!
In this unique and enriching environment, we offer Independent and Assisted Living apartment homes, as well as a skilled nursing where we provide our residents with quality care and services.
Ridge Crest at Meadow Ridge is a certified facility providing skilled nursing for short-term rehabilitation and long-term care. Ridge Crest was selected by US News and World Reports for two years running as one of the Best Nursing Homes in Connecticut.