Meade County, SD Sturgis, SD
- Posted: over a month ago
Due to the resignation of the current County Treasurer, the Board of County Commissioners, under the statutory authority granted by SDCL 3-4-3(2), will appoint a replacement to serve “until the next general election and until a successor is elected and qualified.” (SDCL 3-4-6)
Salary - DOEQ
An elected position, the County Treasurer has the statutory responsibility for collecting all taxes for the County, including real estate, mobile home, and special assessments, as well as processing title transfers, liens, and renewing licenses on new and used motor vehicles and boats. The Treasurer is also responsible for accounting for all county funds, managing county investments, and disbursing funds for warranted claims against the County.
- Leads and mentors employees within the office
- Executes efficient policies and protocols in utilizing technology assets to meet statutory functions
- Ensures the reliability and integrity of financial information via a system of internal controls
- Collects all taxes, including real estate, mobile home, and special assessments for various taxing entities (State, Cities, School Districts, etc.)
- Collects, receipts in, and accounts for all revenue and monies collected by county offices
- Processes Department of Motor Vehicle transactions, including title transfers, lien notations & releases, and renewing licenses on new and used motor vehicles and boats.
- Manages investment of county funds
- Coordinates sale of tax certificates
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of administration with an emphasis on organizational, financial management and stewardship
- Knowledge of computer software and technology
- Proficient mathematical skills
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Five (5) years’ experience managing a range of capital and/or administrative functions preferred
- Public solicitation of qualified candidates
- The interview process will include opportunity for public comment and questions
- Candidate is required to be a resident of Meade County at time of appointment by the Board of County Commissioners
- This position will be on the ballot for the 2022 general election
Meade County offers health/vision, dental, and life insurance, and retirement benefits. The position is a member of Class A retirement under the South Dakota Retirement System.
Meade County is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived characteristics protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Powered by JazzHR
Meade County, SD
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Meade County, SD