Master Service Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
McKinnon Nissan and Toyota is hiring, and we want to talk to you!
Hiring an experienced Master Certified Nissan or Toyota Technician.
Are you an experienced Nissan or Toyota Master Tech? How would $35 an hour sound? Plus a $5,000 sign on bonus to boot? We are looking for the best! We are a fast-growing Nissan and Toyota dealership in the Birmingham/Montgomery market looking for individuals to join our team!
We are your local, family-owned Nissan and Toyota dealership! Proudly serving our area for over 50 years. Since opening our doors in 1964, we have strived to exceptionally serve our community and our staff. We've held true to our values while servicing our community and pursuing continuous growth. We strongly believe in continuous improvement for our employees. We've been continuing to grow, while holding true to our values of professionalism, positivity, teamwork and honesty! We strive to make our employees happy, resulting in long-term employee retention! We have technicians that have been here 10+ years. We would like to add you to our great team!
At McKinnon Nissan and Toyota, we strongly believe in growth opportunities for our employees and therefore offer ongoing training and strive to promote from within!
Are you ready to jump-start your career and grow with our organization? If the answer is yes, apply below!
- Competitive Pay
- Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- Direct Deposit
- Sundays off
- Paid vacation
- Paid instructor-led training
- Ongoing training
- Promote from within
- Excellent work environment
- Great team culture
- Family owned and operated
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and preform repair
- Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts
- Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty of if requested by the customer
- Examine assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended
- Communicate with service advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time
- Document all work preformed and recommended on the repair order
- Road-test vehicles when required
- Participate in manufacturer-sponsored training programs, schools and events
- Keep abreast of manufacturer technical bulletins
- Supervise work of apprentice technicians as assigned
- Report machinery defects or malfunctions to supervisor
- Ensure that customers' cars are kept clean. Notify service advisor immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the vehicle.
- Keep shop area neat and clean
- Maintain and is accountable for all dealership tools and manuals. Returns them to the proper place and in the same condition they were received.
- Understand, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations that affect service operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Operate all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Report any safety issues immediately to management.
- Must have at least 1 years of experience as a auto technician
- Clean DMV record for previous 2 years
- Knowledge in all aspects of automotive repair and maintenance
- Fast learner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Team player
- Computer literate
- Able to operate electronic diagnostic equipment
- Valid driver’s license
- High School Diploma preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
AutomotiveView all jobs at Mckinnon Nissan