The Rental Coordinator/Trailer Inspector position is responsible for running a safe, clean and organized trailer rental yard that projects a positive environment to our customers and employees. These activities may include, but are not limited to, opening and closing rental contracts, reservations, and new account applications, controlling and tracking inventory, assigning equipment, dispatching drivers and maintaining documents and records. The Rental Coordinator/Trailer Inspector will need to operate the yard goat as necessary within the facility also ensures that yard equipment is in safe working conditions at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Open and close rental agreements in computer and file related paperwork and assist with other rental operations.
- Inquire about equipment damages when customer returns equipment.
- Perform weekly yard check for rental and resale inventory and reconcile information
- Answer incoming calls/emails as needed.
- Perform check-in and /or check-out inspections on trailers.
- Oversee the process to ensure equipment is properly inspected both coming in and going out, and ensure the rental office knows which trailers are available.
- Process trailers including inbound and outbound inspections; record differences and report damage to customer and rental office.
- Update trailers for water leaks and ensure that all trailer doors remain secured.
- Communicate with rental office on ongoing basis, to ensure customer requests and orders are being filled.
- Communicate with Operations Manager damaged trailers and needed repairs.
- Communicate with Service Manager and/or shop personnel on damage trailers and needed repairs.
- Communicate with customer while performing inbound and outbound inspections.
- Communicate with Logistics Coordinator & support one way moves.
- Track and report status of assigned trailers to fulfill leases, fleet inventory etc.
- Assist with yard inventories (tires & tracking devices).
- Assist with managing of tracking device associations and ensure they are functional.
- Operate yard tractor to organize parking, storage or valet of trailers.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A high School Diploma or general education degree (GED) is required with one-year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong work ethic and a desire to succeed.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Attention to detail and highly organized.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and computerized rental programs.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet, humid conditions; working near moving mechanical parts; and outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee regularly is required to sit. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Must operate equipment such as phone, computer, copy machine, fax machine, fork truck, yard goat, hand tools, and refrigerated trailers.
The candidate must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug test.
Mckinney Trailer Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer