Refrigeration Trailer Mechanic
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking a Reefer Trailer Technician who has 2 or more years’ experience as a Trailer Technician & Reefer technician who can diagnose/repair Thermo King and Carrier.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Diagnose and repair Carrier & Thermo King units including electrical system, refrigeration system and diesel engine diagnostics.
· Test single and multi-temperature refrigeration units to ensure systems are functioning appropriately.
· Perform diesel engine preventative maintenance, fuel system diagnostics, cooling system diagnostics and mechanical coupling devices.
· Must have 2 plus years of mobile experience.
· Willingness to travel for service calls and work the required schedule.
· Willingness to work both as a mobile and in shop technician.
· Inspect, troubleshoot, diagnose & perform maintenance on semi-trailers.
· Must be able to hard and soft solder.
· Must have own tools.
· Must be able to use hand tools & test equipment.
· Must be 608 certified.
· Valid driver’s license.
· Physical activities include: walking, lifting, twisting, turning and being able to work in hot weather conditions.
· Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner which facilitates the success of business operations.
· Be able to help other mechanics/technicians if they have questions.
· Must be reliable with good attendance.
· Must be able to read and write English language and have some computer skills. Ability to isolate and solve problems efficiently.
· Must be able to work independently or with diverse group of people.
· Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or two years verifiable equipment maintenance related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience in equipment maintenance and repair.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Strong work ethic and a desire to succeed.
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
· Attention to detail and highly organized.
· One to two years welding experience including fabrication of metal parts and assemblies.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
A valid driver’s license issued in state of employment.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Communicates with a wide range of individuals from yard staff to upper management.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee regularly is required to sit. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Must operate equipment such as phone, computer, copy machine, fax machine, fork truck, yard goat, hand tools, welding equipment and refrigerated trailers.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to working near moving mechanical parts, working in high precarious places, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. The employee will be exposed to extremes in temperature and environmental conditions. The employee may work in a shop, yard or out of a mobile service vehicle.
The candidate must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug test.
Mckinney Trailer Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Mckinney Trailer Rentals
About Us Mckinney Trailer Rentals, headquartered in Brea, California, has been a leading provider of equipment rentals and leases in the Western United States, Colorado and Texas for over 30 years. In the past decade, Mckinney has had a 400% increase in fleet size and branch locations. Mckinney is a family-owned company whose focus is on prompt, quality service from long term employees. With fourteen locations and a workforce of over 245 dedicated employees, the company offers an impressive benefits package and innovative employee perks such as an annual clothing allowance. Our commitment to our customers and dedicated employees is what differentiates Mckinney from any of its competitors.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Mckinney Trailer Rentals