Who we are: McCormack Baron Management, Inc. recognizes that successful management of any community requires a management strategy that acknowledges the unique challenges facing the neighborhood and its residents. Our staff understands the complexities of managing mixed-income housing, possesses the technical expertise to handle multi-layered compliance issues, and offers the personal touch needed to work with residents of diverse backgrounds. We manage our developments to market rate standards, and work with residents and the larger community to address the non-housing needs and issues that exist in the community. Finally, we are committed to affirmative action and to performing equal opportunity outreach to ensure that people from all walks of life have the opportunity to live in our communities.
Our Vision: We work for a future when all people live in sustainable, opportunity-rich communities.
· Direct the Site management staff in all phases of property operations, leasing, and administrative functions of the property
· Assist the site staff with resident relations by providing supportive services to the residents
· Supervise staff of 8-10, as well as 2 properties
· Oversight of the financial, operational, resident relations, and budgetary aspects of each site
· Authority to approve, purchase, or enter into agreements and contracts up to $2,000.00
· Participation in inspections of the development set by the Vice President
· Determine the quality of maintenance, status of rent collections, readiness of vacant units for occupancy, promptness of deposits and other financial reporting, budget performance
· Knowledge of all facets of corporate accounting system
· Review and analyze monthly financial reports and note variances
· Complete statistical surveys
· Communicate verbally and in writing to all Site Managers regarding daily operations.
· Supervise the hiring and training of site staff
· Administer company policy and procedures.
· Perform section 42 and bond financing (if applicable) and audit reviews to ensure compliance.
· Oversee the lease-up of new or redeveloped properties in their territory.
· Meet and correspond with local, state, and federal representatives, residents, and vendors as required.
· Provide guidance and direction for site staff in case of an emergency.
· Attend inspections conducted by owners and/or agency personnel.
· Ensure that all documents required by the regulatory agencies are located at the development and that the staff is complying and implementing the intent of these documents
· Ensure that the staff is following the agency requirements and the Company’s Policies and Procedures for resident selection and occupancy requirements.
· High school graduate, Bachelor’s degree preferred,
· Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in supervising multiple properties
· Ability to deal effectively with residents and employees
· Financial management experience
· Must be able to subscribe fully to all policies and procedures of the Company and be prepared to enforce them at all times
· Ability to work within deadlines and multi-task
· Local knowledge and community contacts will be important to establish from the onset
· Excellent communicative and writing skills and be a good listener.
· Knowledge of Public Housing is highly preferred.
· Occasional travel may be required
Note: Internal and external candidates are personally responsible for all expenses; e.g., airline, mileage, moving, etc. when transferring or relocating between properties or states. McCormack Baron Management, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE/AA).