With 19 service centers nationwide, McNICHOLS CO. is North America’s leading supplier and fabricator of “Hole Products,” including Perforated and Expanded Metals, Wire Mesh and Designer Metals, as well as a complete line of Metal Grating and Flooring Products. Founded in 1952 by the late Robert L. McNichols, the Company was established on Christian values, high ethical standards, and a strong commitment to employees and customers.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Shear and Saw Machine Operator to join The Hole Team. We are looking for an associate to operate cutting equipment such as large band saws, hydraulic shears, panel saws and cold saws to cut bar grating, sheet metal, sheet wire, fiberglass, and other similar materials in a safe and error free manner.
All uniforms, steel toed boots, welding gear, and safety equipment is provided in a clean, safe work environment. We also offer an excellent training program, skill based pay, and great opportunities for career growth.
- Maintain a high attention to safety, quality, and productivity in the fabrication area
- Safely operate shop equipment to cut metal materials using hydraulic shears and saws, and other power tools
- Safely operate forklifts, other lift equipment and /or cranes to move material as required.
- Process material by following instructions on work orders and shop drawings and verify material and work for accuracy
- Properly setup equipment using appropriate feeds and speeds
- Prepare and process all paperwork necessary to complete orders
- Maintain schedule and assure on time shipment of orders based on customer expectations
- Maintain equipment by following required preventative maintenance schedules and documenting tasks
- Observe safety procedures, assure self and others safety and report any safety issues
- Properly stack processed material and pack as required in preparation for shipping.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications/ Ideal candidate profile:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience operating shop equipment such as hydraulic shears or similar, large band saws, cold saws, etc.
- Capable of following written instructions and interpret shop drawings.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time and lift material weighing up to 50 pounds
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy..
- Ability to work independently in a production oriented environment and perform against established performance standards
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and multi task.
- Self-starter with a willingness to learn.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must be able to work overtime as required
McNichols is proud to reward our team with quarterly recognition incentives and a generous benefits package including 1st day eligibility for health insurance, 3 weeks of PTO, 9+ paid holidays, 401k with partial employer match and company provided disability/life insurance.
McNichols is a Drug Free Workplace and strong advocate of workforce diversity.
Visit our website at www.mcnichols.com to hear “The HOLE Story”.