McMillen Jacobs Associates has earned a reputation for outstanding Design/Build work with our customers around the world. We have an immediate need for a Senior Structural Engineerto join our growing Water Resources Division. Other locations may be considered, depending on the experience of the candidate. The successful candidate willlead and participate inthe design of HYDRO power plant structures, concrete dams, spillways, and hydraulic steel structures. The candidate shall have experience with the structural refurbishment, repair, seismic upgrades, and alterations of hydro power facilities and appurtenant structures.
The ideal candidate shall be experienced interacting with clients and leading structural and multi-discipline design teams.
- Demonstrated Industry Expertise and knowledge of principles and practices related to hydro and hydro power projects.
- Independently evaluates, selects, and applies advanced and standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to client projects.
- Prepares complete project documents from design development reports through construction documents.
- Assigns tasks to and directs engineers, technicians and administrative staff.
- Performs field investigations and evaluations of existing structures.
- Assists with proposals to provide professional services or obtain funding for engineering projects or programs.
- Prepares scopes, budgets, and schedules for projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
- Master's degree in Structural Engineering (preferred)
- 10years+ of structural design experience, in water resource related work
- PE License (NCEES and ability to obtain multi-state licensure)
- SE License (preferred)
- Familiarity with Federal Agencies and/or Public Utilities
- Solid knowledge of relevant Industry and Agency Design Codes and Standards
- Design-Build and/or Construction Experience (preferred)
- Demonstrated working knowledge and experience with structural analysis software and specifically seismic analysis procedures.
- Travelmay be required (15% of the time)
EEO: McMillen Jacobs Associates is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
McMillen Jacobs Associates is rapidly expanding, and we are looking for innovative, bright talent to fill roles throughout the organization. We are a full-service environmental, engineering, and construction firm in the water resources, hydropower, fisheries, transportation, and heavy civil underground markets. We contribute highly technical skills to projects during the planning stage, navigate the regulatory requirements, develop a design, and also manage and self-perform construction, start-up, and commissioning.
Currently serving clients from 21 offices with over 500 staff members internationally, our superior technical skills include environmental studies and permits; civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, and geotechnical engineering; hydraulics and hydrology; CFD modeling; and tunnel and underground project engineering.
Our employees choose to work at McMillen Jacobs because it enables them to work on amazing and challenging projects. When you join McMillen Jacobs, you'll be inspired, challenged, and proud to be part of a talented and collaborative team. At McMillen Jacobs, you will find a diverse, team-driven, inclusive culture where your contributions truly matter. We want our employees to make a career doing what they love to do. We encourage an entrepreneurial spirit and help our team members forge their own path within the company. We support their efforts to stay on the cutting edge of technology while fostering a great work-life balance. In addition to working hard, we also have fun. We socialize and celebrate achievements at summer picnics, holiday parties, and company outings.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
McMillen Jacobs Associates