McMillen Jacobs Associates has earned a reputation for outstanding Design/Build work with our customers around the world. We are currently seeking a structural design engineer with 5-10 years (or more) of experience focused in water resource-related work. The chosen candidate will participate in the design of new power plant structures, concrete dams, intake towers, spillways, gates, hoist structures and support facilities as well as structural refurbishment, repair and alteration of these types of facilities.
The preferred location for this position is in Boise, Idaho.
- Applies broad knowledge of principles and practices in specific practice area.
- Independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Has general knowledge of principles and practices of related fields, and ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- Works on multiple projects and able to independently complete tasks within budget and on schedule
- Prepares complete project documents including drawings, specifications, design reports and calculations.
- Formulates and solves complex problems.
- Plans and coordinates detailed aspects of the engineering work.
- Assists with proposals to provide professional services Familiar with governing codes and engineering manuals related to structural design for hydro facilities including FERC, United States Army Corps of Engineers, Bureau of Reclamation and appropriate ACI documents.
- Well-versed with building codes including IBC, ASCE, ACI and AISC.
- Familiarity with Federal Agency or Public Utilities (preferred)
- Minimum 5 years experience
- PE License and NCEES
- Master's level (preferred)
- Design-Build Experience (preferred)
- Travel is Required (15% of the time)
EEO: McMillen Jacobs Associates is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
McMillen Jacobs Associates is rapidly expanding, and we are looking for innovative, bright talent to fill roles throughout the organization. We are a full-service environmental, engineering, and construction firm in the water resources, hydropower, fisheries, transportation, and heavy civil underground markets. We contribute highly technical skills to projects during the planning stage, navigate the regulatory requirements, develop a design, and also manage and self-perform construction, start-up, and commissioning.
Currently serving clients from 21 offices with over 500 staff members internationally, our superior technical skills include environmental studies and permits; civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, and geotechnical engineering; hydraulics and hydrology; CFD modeling; and tunnel and underground project engineering.
Our employees choose to work at McMillen Jacobs because it enables them to work on amazing and challenging projects. When you join McMillen Jacobs, you'll be inspired, challenged, and proud to be part of a talented and collaborative team. At McMillen Jacobs, you will find a diverse, team-driven, inclusive culture where your contributions truly matter. We want our employees to make a career doing what they love to do. We encourage an entrepreneurial spirit and help our team members forge their own path within the company. We support their efforts to stay on the cutting edge of technology while fostering a great work-life balance. In addition to working hard, we also have fun. We socialize and celebrate achievements at summer picnics, holiday parties, and company outings. To learn more, please visit our careers page at:
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
McMillen Jacobs Associates