Mechanical Design Engineer (Water Resources)
McMillen Jacobs Associates Sacramento, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
McMillen Jacobs Associates has earned a reputation for outstanding Design/Build work with our customers around the world. We are currently seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer with 6+ years of experience in design, operation/maintenance and project management of water resources projects including, but not limited to hydropower, balance of plant, gates, cranes, hoists, fish passage systems, and other closely related projects.Design engineers from other heavy industries may be considered if they can show relevant design experience with a broad range of similar systems.
Our projects vary widely in scope, and engineers with a broad skillset with a focus on problem solving are ideal for executing our projects. Ideal candidates will have familiarity with various types of system including gates and valves, turbomachinery, piping, hydraulics, pneumatics, hoists and cranes. Journeyman level (6-10 years' experience) engineers are expected to have working knowledge of the majority of these system whereas senior engineers (10+ years' experience) should have working knowledge in most systems as well have specialized expertise in one or more systems. Additionally, experience managing projects is highly desired for senior level engineers. Experience with all aspects of project evolution from feasibility studies to commissioning and close-out is what we do and is highly desirable.
This full-time position is available in one of our Northwest office locations: Boise, Portland, or Seattle however remote work situations will be considered for the right candidate. The majority of McMillen Jacobs Associates' work is in the western United States and travel to sites are required on a regular basis.
- Work in multidisciplinary teams on a daily basis solve challenging problems
- Detailed design of water resources and closely related projects including reports, drawings, specifications and other design products
- Support construction activities as needed for McMillen Jacobs' construction projects
- Provide oversight and quality assurance support in during the execution of McMillen Jacobs' projects
- On-site coordination, communication and observation of construction and commissioning activities
- Project travel as needed
- Attend project meetings
- Must have a positive, can-do attitude
- Minimum Experience of 6 years
- Demonstrated experience of work as described above
- PE License or eligible to sit for exam in the next 6 months
- Travel is required (10-20% of the time)
- Candidates must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must have a flexible schedule,and be flexible with quick response times in order to compensate for the customer's changing needs in multiple states and provinces
- Must be able to work in a team environment, effectively leading project work teams, work independently and be self-motivated
EEO: McMillen Jacobs Associates is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
McMillen Jacobs Associates is rapidly expanding, and we are looking for innovative, bright talent to fill roles throughout the organization. We are a full-service environmental, engineering, and construction firm in the water resources, hydropower, fisheries, transportation, and heavy civil underground markets. We contribute highly technical skills to projects during the planning stage, navigate the regulatory requirements, develop a design, and also manage and self-perform construction, start-up, and commissioning.
Currently serving clients from 21 offices with over 500 staff members internationally, our superior technical skills include environmental studies and permits; civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, and geotechnical engineering; hydraulics and hydrology; CFD modeling; and tunnel and underground project engineering.
Our employees choose to work at McMillen Jacobs because it enables them to work on amazing and challenging projects. When you join McMillen Jacobs, you'll be inspired, challenged, and proud to be part of a talented and collaborative team. At McMillen Jacobs, you will find a diverse, team-driven, inclusive culture where your contributions truly matter. We want our employees to make a career doing what they love to do. We encourage an entrepreneurial spirit and help our team members forge their own path within the company. We support their efforts to stay on the cutting edge of technology while fostering a great work-life balance. In addition to working hard, we also have fun. We socialize and celebrate achievements at summer picnics, holiday parties, and company outings. To learn more, please visit our careers page at:
Job Posted by ApplicantPro