Administrative Assistant (Underground)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ABOUT MCMILLEN JACOBS ASSOCIATES
McMillen Jacobs Associates is a multi-disciplined firm, with self-performing design-build capability. We are experts in underground/tunneling and water resources projects and deploy this expertise to serve water, dams, energy, wastewater, transportation, aquaculture, federal, private, and regulatory clients using a wide range of delivery methods. For 75 years we have worked closely with our clients at every stage of a project assisting them with planning, permits, designs, project management, construction, and start-up.
We want our employees to make a career doing what they love to do. We encourage an entrepreneurial spirit and help our team members forge their own path within the company. We support their efforts to stay on the cutting edge of technology while fostering a great work-life balance. In addition to working hard, we also have fun. We socialize and celebrate achievements at summer picnics, holiday parties, and company outings.
Pay Rate: DOE
McMillen Jacobs is looking for an energetic person to assist the Region Manager and Office Manager with the operations of the Boston office and other aspects of the East Region. The Administrative Assistant will provide office support to ensure the front-desk operations are consistently executed and will provide a high level of customer service to internal and external customers. Ideal candidates will have a proven track record of customer service with a strong administrative background. A positive attitude, sense of humor, and strong organizational skills are a must. Candidates must be excited to take on new tasks and additional responsibilities as the job requires.
The position will be part-time twenty (20) hours per week to help our busy and growing office. The responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist East Region offices with various administrative tasks
- Screen and respond to incoming phone calls, forward appropriate calls
- Professionally meet and greet office visitors, clients, and applicants
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail and shipping
- Track and schedule conference room, conference call lines, and remote meeting bookings
- Coordinate with IT for any technical troubleshooting
- Order and maintain inventory of all office/kitchen supplies
- Maintain and manage various office vendor relationships
- Assist with occasional travel and relocation arrangements between branch offices
- Provide support to Senior officers relating to ongoing and upcoming East Region projects
- Provide support to the Marketing department through research and data collection
- Provide support to employees from branch offices when visiting remotely
- Assist with new employee onboarding and setup
- Other general administrative duties as needed
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, but not required. Associates or Bachelor's degree in business related field preferred.
- 2+ years of administrative assistant or office management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat DC
- Editing, formatting, and proofreading skills are preferred
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
If you feel that you would be right for this position, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application so that we can review your information. We look forward to meeting you!
McMillen Jacobs Associates is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
No Recruiters, Please.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
McMillen Jacobs Associates
BusinessView all jobs at McMillen Jacobs Associates