Heavy Equipment Field Mechanic
McMillen, Inc. is seeking a Heavy Equipment Field Mechanic. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of construction equipment, a strong mechanical knowledge with various heavy equipment and cranes. This position will perform preventative maintenance services, diagnostic tests, troubleshooting and general repairs to our large fleet of Excavators, Dozers, Cranes and other heavy civil equipment. This position will also be responsible for keeping track of maintenance work performed on vehicles and equipment, perform inspections, work with diagnostics programs, order parts, and comply with all safety procedures. The right candidate must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to work independently with minimal supervision. This position requires 100% travel.
- Repair diesel engines, hydraulic systems, and electrical systems on all types of construction equipment.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose all types of equipment to ensure proper working condition in the shop or job site.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance to ensure equipment is maintained to top standards.
- Perform routine equipment clean-up and upkeep as well as safety review and pre-delivery inspection.
- Complete basic computer tasks including completing work orders, looking up parts, and communicating via email.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- 5 plus years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Must have your own tools
- Must have a clean valid driver's license and a CDL
- Ability to work weekend if needed
- Ability to travel 100%
Company Profile: McMillen, Inc. is a full-service engineering, environmental, and construction firm in the transportation, heavy civil, water resources, hydropower, and fisheries markets. We are able to contribute to a project at the planning stage, navigate the regulatory requirements, develop a design, manage and self-perform construction, start-up, and commissioning. Currently serving clients with over 180 staff members from 15 locations in two countries, our superior technical skills include: civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, geotechnical, hydraulic and hydrology engineering. We also have leading professionals in design and construction-related services for fisheries; hydropower; Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) licensing and regulatory assistance; dam safety; spillway, intake, and water conveyance design and rehabilitation.
EEO: McMillen, Inc. is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment related decisions without race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
McMillen, Inc.Ely, NV
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.