Civil Project Manager - Fish Hatcheries
- Expired: March 16, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
McMillen, Inc is a full-service engineering, environmental, and construction firm in the transportation, heavy civil, water resources, hydropower, and fisheries markets. We are able to contribute to a project at the planning stage, navigate the regulatory requirements, develop a design, manage and self-perform construction, start-up, and commissioning.
We are currently looking for a Civil Project Manager - Fish Hatcheries to work with our current team of civil, mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and structural engineers on a variety of water resource and fisheries related projects. Experience with the design of upstream and downstream fish collection facilities, fish passage, fish screening, acclimation facilities, pump stations, and aquaculture water treatment is preferred. Project Managers are responsible for safely delivering projects within scope, budget, and schedule while maintaining professional and proactive communications with clients, other stakeholders, and the design team. The Civil Project Manager will also be responsible for the civil design of the facility. Ideal candidates will have 12-15 years of aquaculture engineering or hatchery design experience.
- Perform civil engineering design with a focus on fisheries related infrastructure applications, including hatcheries, upstream and downstream fish passage, stream restoration, fish collection facilities and other water resource facilities.
- Lead a cross-discipline team of engineer to design fish hatcheries and water resources structures.
- Perform site investigations and/or inspections and provide detailed assessment reports of conditions.
- Develop construction documents (plans and specifications).
- Perform and/or supervise cost estimating on schematic, preliminary, and final design phases.
- Support development of permit documents to meet federal, state and local permitting requirements.
- Coordinate upland and bathymetric surveying and geotechnical investigations.
- Develop design calculations, technical memorandums, and design document reports.
- Coordinate with clients, subconsultants, contractors, and regulatory agencies.
- Provide construction engineering support and management.
- Develop engineering fee proposals, track project budgets, and conduct monthly invoice review.
- Support and provide guidance to CAD technicians as part of design drawing development.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited University; Master's degree preferred.
- 12+ years of experience in civil and hydraulic engineering, with demonstrated experience in aquaculture techniques, fish health issues and appropriate treatment strategies, hatchery operations and project management.
- PE Required; NCEES registration preferred.
- Considerable knowledge of hatchery facility construction and maintenance requirements and techniques.
- Extensive experience with design, layout, and specifications related to aquaculture projects.
- Considerable knowledge developing bio-programs, water and space requirements, and hatchery bio-security.
- Demonstrated experience with cold water, cool water, warm water and recirculating aquaculture.
- Understanding and experience with water resource infrastructure including fishery related projects, water conveyance, storm water networks, civil grading, water treatment, wastewater treatment and pump stations.
- Experience developing individual or system-wide hatchery plans.
- Considerable knowledge and demonstrated experience with invasive species and methods for excluding or minimizing impacts: zebra mussels, Asian carp.
- Experience with Tribal, State and Federal fish and wildlife program managers and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to create reports and prepare detailed calculation packages.
- AutoCAD civil 3D experience preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interpret and analyze complex data, calculate mathematical problems, produce technical reports and communicate technical information to diverse audiences.
- Knowledge of codes and standards related to civil design.
Currently serving clients with over 180 staff members from 15 locations in two countries, our superior technical skills include: civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, geotechnical, hydraulic and hydrology engineering. We also have leading professionals in design and construction-related services for fisheries; hydropower; Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) licensing and regulatory assistance; dam safety; spillway, intake, and water conveyance design and rehabilitation.
We want our employees to make a career doing what they love to do. We aren't looking for the complacent or the comfortable. We are looking for the highly technical, the creators, the manic obsessives, the outliers who know being the best is a journey, not a finish line. We support our employees' efforts to stay on the cutting edge of technology while fostering a great work-life balance.
EEO: McMillen is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Visa sponsorship, including renewal during employment, will not be provided for this position.
Get fresh Environmental Project Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.