Security Specialist II (Rosslyn, VA)
- Posted: over a month ago
McManis & Monsalve Associates (MMA) is a small, economically, disadvantaged women-owned small business (EDWOSB) professional services firm. MMA provides services and solutions in the areas of program management, personnel security, training, process improvement and security. Our firm provides cleared professionals for the Department of State, Department of Homeland Security, Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency, Special Operations Command, TRADOC, Defense Health Agency, National Institutes of Health, and Indian Health Services. MMA provides subject matter experts, program managers, project managers, analysts, intelligence analysts, security professionals, logistics specialists, trainers, adjudicators, budget analysts for a wide variety of mission critical requirements.
This position will be stationed in Rosslyn, VA.
In support of the Department of State (DoS) contract, the Security Specialist (Security Specialist II) position is full-time, non-exempt and to start immediately upon selection and security clearance processing and receipt.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities/Description
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide extensive support to the Department of State's programs to protect classified National security information at all levels and sensitive but unclassified information within the Department and entrusted to private industry
- Interpret management directives and guidance as it relates to security programs/operations and makes appropriate implementation recommendations
- Assisting in the development, preparation, and issuance of program guides for Department programs
- Monitor, analyze, and investigate security violations to determine causes, highlight program weaknesses, pinpoint responsibility/culpability, and recommend corrective action, as appropriate
- Coordinate with Senior Officers, Intelligence Community (IC), and other security agencies on office security programs, as required
- Conduct inspections to ensure contractor compliance with security policies and procedures
- Provide management services for a comprehensive security awareness program designed to educate employees via presentations and printed media
- Assist in developing and producing security awareness media to include posters, handbooks, and similar materials
- Provide input/review of proposed briefing and training packages
- Work independently, with oversight, to advise and assist office personnel on matters of security policy, procedures, and regulations
- Maintain contact with security officials from other government agencies and contracting firms to facilitate contractor employees' assignment to Department of State contracts
- Conduct training with contracting firms to ensure their requests for personnel security clearances, visitor authorization requests, and requests for assignment to moderate risk Public Trust positions are processed without undue delays in contract performance
- Maintain continuous dialogue with contracting firms to ensure contractor employees are authorized to begin contract performance as expeditiously as possible
- Conducting needs surveys and providing a report of findings for each survey conducted
- Review outgoing office correspondence for appropriate office personnel
- Perform all aspects of Personnel Security
- Data Analytics - sifting "raw" data through multiple security-related databases
- Coordinate with other Government agencies and private sector personnel
- Communicate in writing and verbally with all levels of personnel
- Investigate and analyze unusual security problems, considerations, and issues associated with information and personnel security programs
- Study issues and recommend approaches to correct deficiencies or enhance program operations
- Develop systems and procedures for establishing, operating, and assessing the effectiveness of administrative control systems
- Lift and carry equipment and documents weighing 10 pounds or more
- Undergraduate degree with three (3) to four (4) years of specialized security experience
- Degree not required with four (4) to five (5) years of specialized security experience
- Specialized security experience must be in one of the following areas:
- Industrial security
- Dignitary/VIP policy and security standard development
- Security countermeasures programs
- Access system operation and management
- Personnel protection and protecting classified information or region desk office
- Working knowledge of federal agencies' security policies and procedures, such as the NISPOM, IC directive, and national and international security requirements
- Ability to work under close and continuing supervision and follows detailed guidelines covering all aspects of the work in assignments designed to expand capabilities and knowledge
- Must maintain absolute discretion in the handling of the following:
- Classified information
- Criminal investigative reports
- Personnel files
- Other sensitive matters
- Must have strong computer skills to include database experience and possess a proficiency in data entry
- Training will be provided on specialized databases utilized
- Lift and carry equipment and documents weighing 10 pounds or more
- Prior experience with Department of State (DoS) or Diplomatic Security (DS)
- One (1) year of direct Government contracting experience as task/project management level
- May be subject to a Government Security Investigation and must meet eligibility for access to classified information at Secret clearance level
- Entry onto duty will be assigned upon receipt of a final Secret clearance
- Note: Although cleared candidates are ideal, a security clearance is NOT required to apply; DOS will conduct a background investigation for a Secret clearance upon accepted offer from uncleared candidate; Entry on Duty is contingent upon the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
MMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that treats all employees and applicants equally without discrimination because of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We comply with all applicable laws governing employment practices and do not discriminate. MMA complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the EEO is the LAW poster. You can view MMA's EEO Policy. MMA does not discriminate against applicants or employees based on inquiring about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees. We comply with all laws and regulations set forth in the Pay Transparency poster.
As a federal government contractor, in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and Executive Orders, MMA is required to develop annual Affirmative Action Plans (AAPs). Any employees or applicants who wish to review the Affirmative Action Plan (AAP) for Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities can contact us at (301) 540-8864. If you are a disabled individual or disabled Veteran and require a reasonable accommodation in applying for any posted position, please contact us at Recruitment@groupssi.com or call (301) 540-8864.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
McManis & Monsalve Associates, Inc.
Real EstateView all jobs at McManis & Monsalve Associates, Inc.