IT Support specialist Lead II URGENT HIRING
McLean Intelligent Workforce Chantilly, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for an IT support specialist who will be responsible for overseeing and provide end-user technical support to the USGS user community. End-User Technical Support includes desktop support services that cannot be resolved remotely by Tier I Technical Support and have been dispatched to higher-level support.
- Lead a team of Tier 2 staff and provide hands-on support to improve customer experience.
- Create SOPs for standard support services and ensure the team is trained on the SOPs.
- Provide customer technical assistance at the desktop on hardware and software for the USGS user community.
- Configure, test, and install printers, scanners, network copier/printers.
- Install and manage desktop and laptop operating systems, including and up to Windows 10 Professional, Apple OS Catalina.
- Mobil support, iOS devices (iPhone, iPad), and Android devices.
- Install, upgrade, and maintain application software for all USGS equipment in accordance with SOPs.
- Working with various authentication types (ODBC), registry, scripting, and desktop automation (command line, Terminal shell, PowerShell, etc.) and other related core system files.
- Ensure that the latest virus scanning software versions and updates are installed and running on all USGS PCs and laptops.
- Create baseline computer images and manage changes to the baseline images.
- Deployment of software via Active Directory Group Policy Object (GPO), scripting, System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), IBM Endpoint Manager (IEM), or other tools.
- Ensure the latest approved BIOS and patches are applied to PCs and Laptops.
- Perform remediation procedures in response to security vulnerability reports.
- Print and file server configuration changes.
- Maintain file share structure and permissions for end-user data.
- public trust
- Requires a bachelor’s degree or at least four years related experience or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of supervision, personnel development, administration, and resource management.
- Thorough knowledge of Windows operating systems up to Windows 10.
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite(s) including and up to Office365 client, Office365 for Mac.
- Strong working knowledge of mobile devices and services associated with Apple iPads, iPhones, and Android.
- Customer service mastery and problem-solving skills including the ability to provide diligent, prompt, and courteous responses to customer questions or PC issues.
- Excellent documentation, collaborative and communication skills, both written and verbal.
McLean Intelligent WorkforceWhy Work Here?
If you're excited to be part of a winning team and If you are looking for a very good environment, Then this is the right place for you.
McLean Intelligent Workforce is an independent firm specializing in recruiting top-quality professionals for our clients.