- PRN - as needed when full time nursing staff is out of office
- Must be able to train full time for 1-2 weeks, then fill in as needed
- Triage and schedules patient exams as needed.
- Carries out physician directives.
- Manages physicians schedule for clinic and surgery.
- Obtains patient consent for care and ensures patient confidentiality.
- Obtains and documents health history, vital signs, and health risk factors and assesses condition.
- Executes prescribed treatments and medical interventions, administers prescribed medications, monitors and documents treatment progress and patient response.
- Delegates as allowed.
- Brings patient care issues to physician’s attention.
- Documents patient care information using EMR system.
- Monitors acute and chronic care management.
- Maintains/reviews patient records. Enters tests and exam results.
- Responds to incoming patient phone calls within one business day.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Strong patient service and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work as a team member
· Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality
· Medical terminology
· Ability to multi-task efficiently
· Certificate of successful completion from an accredited Nursing or Medical Assistant Program
· Minimum two years clinical experience in a healthcare facility preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee’s activities will include standing, walking, reaching, bending and occasionally lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 pounds. Position requires full range of body motion including handling and assisting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Moderate stress related to workload and assisting patients with various conditions and needs.