Full or Part Time
- Triages and schedules patient exams as needed.
- Carries out physician directives.
- Manages physicians schedule for clinic and surgery.
- Obtains patient consent for care and ensures patient confidentiality.
- Obtains and documents health history, vital signs, and health risk factors and assesses condition.
- Executes prescribed treatments and medical interventions, administers prescribed medications, monitors and documents treatment progress and patient response.
- Delegates as allowed.
- Brings patient care issues to physician’s attention.
- Documents patient care information using EMR system.
- Monitors acute and chronic care management.
- Maintains/reviews patient records. Enters tests and exam results.
- Responds to incoming patient phone calls within one business day.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Order x-rays and MRI's and Physical Therapy
- Answer phone calls
- Collect test results and lab tests results and make them available for the physician to review
- Assist with prescriptions
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong patient service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Medical terminology
- Ability to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
· Certificate of successful completion of Certified Medical Assistant Program.
· Minimum two years clinical experience in a healthcare facility preferred, EMR experience required.