MBC Tysons - Director of Worship
McLean Bible Church (MBC) looks for individuals with a wide variety of gifts and talents who are dedicated to Jesus Christ and are living a lifestyle consistent with our Mission, Vision, Values, and Standards of Christian Conduct. The Worship Director is responsible for creating an inviting worshipful environment for the congregation and serving to help build the identity of McLean Bible Church as a whole. The Worship Director is responsible for overseeing the worship portion of worship gatherings at Tysons, including congregational singing, musical selection, and arrangement; training and development volunteers and musicians; collaborating with all MBC location Worship Leaders to ensure consistent quality and theology across all of our locations.
Duties and responsibilities (Essential Functions)
The following items describe some of the ways this individual will accomplish this task:
- The following items describe some of the ways this individual will accomplish this task:
- Assist the Location Pastor in creating and cultivating the worship culture of MBC-Tysons
- Responsible for arranging music, helping musicians grow in their ability to play the arrangements skillfully, leading the band through arrangements during rehearsal and service
- Collaborate with the Location Pastor and Teaching Pastors to plan weekly worship services, especially as it relates to musical selection and arrangements
- Philosophical and doctrinal alignment with Scripture/church Leadership
- Passionate about the MBC vision
- Demonstrated musical skill and theological discernment.
- Proven track record in ministry and biblical discipleship of others
- Proven track record as a leader
- Possess excellent verbal communication skills and cultural awareness.[NR1]
- Weekly service planning including song selection and arrangements for weekend and services (including leading vocal and band rehearsal weekly).
- Oversee leading worship for weekend location services as well as weekly staff/Director ship meetings
- Disciple, mentor, and develop worship leaders and teams who can rotate and provide quality worship
- Recruit, train, organize, and shepherd music and production volunteers serving with bands and production teams.
- Lead worship for special events (Good Friday, Christmas, weekday events, etc.).
- Participate in songwriting, arranging, and recording.
- Serve at other MBC locations, as needed; Collaborate with staff at those locations to ensure consistency in messaging and quality.
- Oversee arrangements and lead rehearsal for services and special events
- Have an evident love for Christ and a desire to see lives and communities changed by the gospel.
- Be a faithful member of the church through active involvement in community, mission, and ministry.
- Have a passion for serving the church
- Have experience with IEMs, talkback mics, and some live audio required
- Have experience with Planning Center, ProPresenter and Multi-tracks
- Be a skilled vocalist and instrumentalist with the ability to deliver a mix of musical genres to edify a multicultural congregation, to include/accommodate a variety of instruments and vocal styles (contemporary, big band, classical, pop, inspirational, gospel, choral, traditional, etc.)
- Be experienced at multi-tasking, time management, and prioritizing tasks.
- See congregational singing not just as a musical, but as spiritual function.
- Have the ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality and trust regarding church member information.
- Have the ability to work with and maintain positive, loyal relationships with those inside and outside the church.
- Have the ability to recruit, develop, empower, and equip volunteers, direct reports or other stakeholders.
- Be a mature team player, with a track record of leading and discipling others.
- Have demonstrated exceptional musical skill (to include a musician’s ear) and sound theological discernment.
- Possess excellent verbal communication skills and cultural awareness.
- Minimum Degree Requirements - bachelor’s degree
- Minimum Experience 3 to 5 years of leading worship preferred
McLean Bible ChurchVienna, VA
Arts and Entertainment
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.