MBC Montgomery County - Location Administrator
McLean Bible Church
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Church processes are vitally important for effective ministry. When those processes are well-designed and well-executed, they can facilitate life-changing experiences and life-giving relationships. But when those processes are unclear and disorganized, it can leave people feeling discouraged and uncared for, and can make it difficult for them to connect to the church.
This is why the Location Administrator is such a critical role. In short, the purpose of this role is to make sure ministry runs smoothly.
Duties and responsibilities (Essential Functions)
The following items describe some of the ways this individual will accomplish this task:
- Ensures that MBC MoCo’s portion of the MBC website is compelling and up-to-date
- Ensures that MBC MoCo’s E-newsletter is attractive and informative
- Oversees communication to the congregation on Sunday mornings, including stage announcements and bulletin
- Works with MoCo staff and ministry leaders to ensure that the Ministry Directory is accurate, helpful, and published on time.
- Monitors MBC MoCo main phone line and administrative email accounts and responds to requests in a timely manner.
- Facilitates strong communication between MBC MoCo staff so that the team works together well and has necessary information
- Assists in managing the MBC MoCo social media accounts
- Serves as the primary liaison with central and contracted communications staff
- Recruits and manages administrative volunteers
- Provides administrative support for the Church Groups Ministry (email communication, roster updates, leader training meeting setup)
- Provides administrative support for pastoral leadership meetings (e.g. lunch orders, room set up, meeting minutes, etc.)
- Coordinates the administrative details of our weekly Connect process (collecting guest information, entering guest info into database, directing guest inquiries to appropriate staff or leader)
- Coordinates with the Central Finance Team as well as MoCo staff and leaders to help track MBC MoCo finances
- Oversees the design and functionality of the office and building spaces along with any office management tasks
- Manages schedule for building usage, room reservations, and ministry events
- Ensures that individuals who reach out to MBC MoCo with various questions and requests receive timely answers from the appropriate staff member or ministry leader
- Keeps detailed notes during staff meetings and sends staff members a summary of key decisions, responsibilities, and next steps
- Serves as the primary event planner and point of contact for staff events and core location-wide events
- Provides operational guidance as needed to staff and leaders who are planning ministry-specific events.
- General Support
- Assists with picking up materials from the MBC Copy Center at our Tysons location.
- Stocks and manages food and supplies for Staff and Sunday Teams.
- Schedules childcare workers as needed for ministry meetings.
- Attend necessary staff and leadership meetings.
- Participate in the overall life of the church as an active member.
- Minimum of two years of experience.
- Must be passionate about details, accuracy, and excellence
- Must have strong organizational skills and be able to manage and prioritize a wide range of responsibilities
- Must be able to quickly transition from one project to another and be able to manage multiple projects while meeting deadlines.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work well with others as an encouraging and supportive team member.
- Must be able to be joyful and flexible in the midst of constant change
- Must enjoy bringing order to chaotic situations
- Must have a high level of computer knowledge
Job Closing: February 26, 2023
**Applications will not be accepted after February 26, 2023**
McLean Bible Church
GovernmentView all jobs at McLean Bible Church
Get fresh Church Administrator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.