MBC Montgomery County - Director of Kid's Quest
McLean Bible Church Rockville, MD
- Posted: over a month ago
The Kid’s Quest Director is a full time position that provides direction and oversight for the entire Kids Quest ministry (infant – 5th grade) at Mclean Bible Church at the Montgomery County Campus. Mclean Bible Church (MBC) offers full children’s programming for all services on Sunday mornings. The Kid’s Quest Director provides leadership, training, support and oversight to all Kids’ Quest staff & volunteers. The Kid’s Quest Director works closely with the Campus Pastor and is responsible for the implementation and development of programming for the spiritual formation of children and equipping parents to fulfill their calling as the primary spiritual leaders of their children.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Living an exemplary Christian life by pursuing daily devotions, Scripture memory, and opportunities to share his faith
- Provide vision, strategy, & development for all Children’s Ministry environments (birth – 5th grade).
- Provide leadership, direction and training for all Children’s Ministry staff and volunteers
- Review, purchase and oversee the implementation of all curriculums for the teaching environments (Nursery, Preschool, Elementary).
- Provide leadership and manage our Nursery Coordinator and Preschool Coordinator
- Direct oversight of all Elementary Ministries (Kindergarten to 5th grade).
- Recruit and oversee all Elementary volunteers providing leadership, training, and appreciation.
- Develop and maintain safe, clean, aesthetic Elementary learning environment.
- Oversee childcare for Family Ministries and all-church events as directed including, but not limited to, productions, annual meetings, Ministry seminars, Christmas Eve.
- Responsible for check-in procedures, including recruiting and managing Check-in volunteers and tracking weekly attendance.
- Assists in creating budget for Children’s ministry and manages monthly expense reports to track ministry spending.
- Meets regularly with the Campus Pastor and other campus NextGen ministries to discuss overall family ministry strategy and effectiveness
- Oversee all programming and ministry for children ages birth – 5th grade, including Sunday mornings, summer programming, special events, etc…
- Create environments, activities and programming for each age group that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth.
- Recruit, train, schedule and lead teams of volunteers.
- Provide care for children and families within the church including hospital visits and follow-up.
- Maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children and families.
- Plan and oversee Kid’s Quest special events.
- Assist with any other Campus events outside of Kid’s Quest as required by Campus Pastor
- Previous experience directing a large children’s ministry, including leadership of ministry staff (paid or volunteer staff members and/or a large volunteer team of 25+ volunteers).
- BA or BS degree required; divinity degree desirable
- Able to recruit and develop teams to fulfill the mission of MBC.
- Passion for serving the church.
*Please note we are not currently evaluating applications due to the Covid 19 crisis as our resources are focused on our community. All applications will be evaluated once we resume normal services.*
McLean Bible Church
Personal CareView all jobs at McLean Bible Church