MBC Loudoun - Director of Kid's Quest
McLean Bible Church Leesburg, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
The Director of Kid’s Quest is a full-time position that provides direction and oversight for the entire Kids Quest ministry (infant – 5th grade) at Mclean Bible Church at the Loudoun County Location. The Kid’s Quest Director works closely with the Location Pastor and the Associate Pastor and is responsible for the implementation and development of programming for the spiritual formation of children and equipping parents to fulfill their calling as the primary disciple makers of their children. This Director of Kid’s Quest will collaborate with other MBC location Kids’ Quest teams, receive coaching from MBC Central Ministries and report directly to the Associate Pastor at MBC Loudoun.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To develop and implement a cohesive strategy for Kid’s Quest at MBC Loudoun which aligns with the vision, mission, and goal of greater MBC;
- To oversee all programming and ministry for children ages birth – 5th grade, including Sunday mornings, summer programming, special events, etc.
- To recruit, train, direct, evaluate, and encourage a ministry team (paid and non-paid) from our church that is effectively encouraging and equipping kids to be disciples of Jesus Christ who make disciples;
- To equip and to assist parents in making disciples of their children;
- To identify and provide resources that encourage and equip parents to make disciples in and through their home;
- To review, purchase, and oversee the implementation of curriculums for various age groups (Nursery, Preschool, Elementary);
- To establish, implement, and hold accountable our Kid’s Quest staff and volunteer base to adhere to safety and security policies that protect minors in our care;
- To develop and maintain a safe, clean, aesthetically-pleasing, confidence-inducing elementary learning environment
- To strategically plan, alongside the MBC Kid’s Quest team, catalytic events and activities geared toward disciple-making;
- To oversee childcare for Family Ministries and all-church events as directed including, but not limited to, quarterly church meetings, ministry seminars, Christmas Eve, etc
- To work alongside Church Group leaders to provide resources and means to care for children when Church Groups are gathering together
- To oversee check-in and tracking procedures, including recruiting and managing KQ check-in volunteers for tracking weekly attendance;
- To assist in creating the budget for Kid’s Quest and manage monthly expense reports to track ministry spending;
- To commit to membership at MBC through ongoing involvement in a Church Group
- To perform limited ministerial functions such as visitation, administrative tasks, assimilation tasks, etc. as assigned by MBC Loudoun Location Pastor or MBC Loudoun Associate Pastor;
- To assist in overall church leadership by using giftedness to develop effective ministries at MBC Loudoun.
- Previous experience directing a large children’s ministry, including leadership of ministry staff (paid or volunteer staff members and/or a large volunteer team of 25+ volunteers).
- BA or BS degree desirable.
- Able to recruit and develop teams to fulfill the mission of MBC.
- Passion for serving the church.
- A person who is a passionate disciple of Jesus Christ- one who continually seeks to abide in Christ and demonstrates the biblical requirements for leaders.
- A person who is a proven disciple-maker- one who, by God’s grace, has made disciples who make disciples and is passionate about partnering with families to disciple the next generation.
- A person who is spiritually mature - one who demonstrates spiritual maturity in both their personal and public life;
- A person who is theologically grounded- one who is in agreement MBC doctrine and teaching.
- A person who is a servant leader - one who has demonstrated the ability to lead others sacrificially on mission.
- A person who is an effective implementor - one who can take a vision and implement it into the life of a children’s ministry.
- A person who is a humble learner - one who will continually gain insight and develop ways to improve children’s ministry at MBC Loudoun.
- A person who is an effective communicator - one who is able to effectively communicate both verbally and written.
McLean Bible Church
Personal CareView all jobs at McLean Bible Church