Central Operations - Nighttime Front Desk Security Officer
McLean Bible Church
- Posted: over a month ago
The Security team member provides a sense of safety to our members and guests. A member or guest that feels secure will be able to focus squarely on the reason they are at church to begin with, to build a closer relationship with Jesus Christ, without the fear of so many of the dangers in today’s world.
Duties and responsibilities (Essential Functions)
The following items describe some of the ways this individual will accomplish this task:
- Living an exemplary Christian life.
- Must have clear understanding and working knowledge of the entire building security system as well as fire suppression system, fire pumps, sprinkler valve shut-off locations, annunciation panel and all fire emergency related equipment.
- Patrol interior and exterior of building, parking garage, (lower and upper). Inspect locks, doors, windows and secure when making rounds. Record time of inspections and submit daily shift log to management.
- Monitor cameras located around facility. Organize and maintain surveillance tapes.
- Provide immediate response to activation of emergency distress stations.
- Watch and report irregularities such as Fire Hazards, Leaking Pipes, doors left unlocked and lights burned out.
- Assist management with other duties as delineated by management.
- Provide presence in building in case of emergency.
- Coordinate emergency response/support as needed.
- Escort people to their cars as requested.
- Lock up offices wings and building when offices are closed and events have ended.
- Warn violators of rule infractions, such as loitering and expel if appropriate. Notify the police about persons engaging in suspicious or criminal acts.
- Assists the Director of Security, pastors and other staff members as needed.
- Previous experience in security or related field preferred.
- Experience staying levelheaded and responding quickly in stressful situations a must.
- Must be personable on the phone and in person.
- Must be able to work with Security Director, Congregational Care Pastors, Benevolence Director and Law Enforcement.
- Must have the ability to become acquainted and keep current with ministries and staff.
- Must have ability and willingness to proactively search out answers/solutions when faced with new or unique requests or situations.
- Must have administrative skills to help keep all Front Desk information and resources current, organized, and accessible.
- Must have administrative skills for maintaining and organizing supplies.
- Must be able to keep up with multiple MBC events, activities, and personnel to effectively and efficiently serve ministries, callers, and visitors.
- Must proactively pursue improvement of skills and services.
- A deeply-committed follower of Jesus Christ who is dedicated to continual personal spiritual growth through spiritual practices
- A life-long learner who continues to seek ways to grow and mature in their calling
- An understanding of the spiritual, physical, and emotional needs of the congregation
- Demonstrates self-direction, ability to multi-task with minimal supervision
- Demonstrates the ability to help and care for others
- A high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive personal situations, and a willingness and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must have empathy, poise, tact, and diplomacy
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer proficiency skills in websites, Microsoft products and shared drive.
- Passion for serving the church.
- Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to exercise sound judgement; identify critical information and respond accordingly.
McLean Bible Church
Real EstateView all jobs at McLean Bible Church
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?