Immediate Full-Time opening at for an Engineer Technician to support NUWC, Newport, RI.
- The qualified candidate will have 1-4 years work-related experience in mechanical fabrication, assembly or testing.
- Tests machinery and equipment. Reviews project instructions/blueprints to ascertain test specifications, procedures, objectives, equipment, nature of technical problems, and possible solutions.
- Records test procedures, results, and data. Follows standard work methods on recurring assignments but receives explicit instructions on unfamiliar assignments; technical adequacy of routine work is reviewed on completion; non-routine work may also be reviewed in process.
- Follows specific instructions, assembles or constructs standard equipment or parts. Such assignments, which are typically parts of broader assignments, are screened to eliminate unusual design problems. May also plan such assignments.
- Receives technical advice from supervisory or engineer; work is reviewed for technical adequacy (or conformity with instructions). May be assisted by lower level technicians and have frequent contact with professionals and others within the establishment.
Performs at this level one or a combination of such typical duties as:
- Develops or reviews designs by extracting and analyzing a variety of engineering data.
- Applies conventional engineering practices to develop, prepare, or recommend schematics, designs, specifications, electrical drawings and diagrams; hardware fittings or test equipment involving a variety of mechanisms; conventional piping systems; and building site layouts.
- Conducts tests or experiments requiring selection and adaptation or modification of a wide variety of critical test equipment and test procedures; sets up and operates equipment; records data, measures and records problems of significant complexity that sometimes require resolution at a higher level; and analyzes data and prepares test reports.
- Applies methods outlined by others to limited segments of research and development projects; constructs experimental or prototype models to meet engineering requirements; conducts tests or experiments and redesigns as necessary; and records and evaluates data and reports findings.
- Navy Procedure and Compliance Experience
- Navy Undersea Warfare Center, Division Newport Experience
- U.S. citizenship and eligibility for a security clearance required; current clearance a plus.