McLaughlin Gormley King Chaska, MN
- Posted: over a month ago
The Maintenance Technician’s function is to provide multiple support roles for maintenance and production operations. This includes responsibility for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain both facility and process equipment according to safety, prescribed maintenance systems and manufacturing processes supporting MGK business objectives.
- Repair and maintenance of process equipment and related support utilities, building and exterior equipment.
- Support proper running of utilities including Ammonia Refrigeration, steam, water, oil and compressed gas systems.
- Secure MGK’s building and grounds and maintain a safe working environment for employees. This includes but not limited to: air quality testing, spare parts ordering, tool and inventory management, equipment demo and installation, general knowledge of process operations.
- Assist in managing outside contractors.
- Utilize MGK’s CMMS to establish and update procedures, prioritize and record maintenance tasks.
- Complete other assigned tasks as requested by management.
- High School Degree or G.E.D.
- 3 to 5 years industrial facilities maintenance, experience with and knowledge of mechanical and electrical repair. General knowledge of production equipment, pipefitting, liquid, compressed gas and HVAC systems.
- Must be willing to become forklift certified
- Must be team orientated with a positive attitude and goal focused objectivity
- Must have excellent time management skills and professional discipline to work at an efficient pace, safely executing work orders and prioritized demands
- Boilers license, welding, fabrication skills, and refrigeration knowledge are all a plus
Communicate effectively in the English language, including following oral and written instructions, in order to communicate with people inside and outside the organization to: 1) promote efficiencies within the MGK business operations, and 2) maintain a safe working environment.
While performing duties of job, workers are constantly required to bend, lift, walk, or carry equipment. Employees must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds, or occasionally transport up to 600 pounds on wheeled carts or dollies. This position may require changing shifts or working more than 8½ successive hours to meet occasional production or manpower demands. Work may be performed under extreme outdoor weather conditions including hot and cold ambient temperatures, snow and rain. Workers will be required to work in a plant environment where there are constant moderate noise levels and occasional loud noise levels; and occasional temperature extremes. Employees will be expected to work around, with, and adjacent to potentially dangerous equipment, chemicals, and processes. Workers would be expected to wear appropriate safety gear and follow safety procedures for each situation as required or desired. Job requirements will occasional dictate working over six feet above the floor or ground, or inside of confined spaces.
Frequency Definitions: Constant = Over 40% / Frequent = Up to 40% / Occasional = Up to 10%
MGK is an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity and who remains committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment for all employees.
McLaughlin Gormley King
Real EstateView all jobs at McLaughlin Gormley King