McLaughlin Body Company Rock Island, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, the IT Administrator is responsible for installing, setup, and monitoring the local area network (LAN). Perform a variety of maintenance, evaluation, installation, and training tasks to ensure LAN performance meets company and user requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. This list of duties and responsibilities may not be all-inclusive and could be expanded to include others management deems necessary from time to time.
- Maintain all user, PC accounts and control policies in server Active Directory
- Install, support and maintain all Personal Computers (PCs), software applications, network printers, wireless access connections, cabling and fiber connectivity
- Configure network switches and routers including Vlans
- Program, configure and support bar code scanners
- Support and maintain phone system and equipment
- Support and maintain backup systems
- Manage Web access and controls
- Set up and maintain user accounts permissions and passwords
- Work closely with other departments for their hardware and software needs
- Maintain confidentiality and proper security controls regarding the information being processed, stored, and accessed by the network
- Investigate user problems and determine solutions
- Maintain software licensing - 365, CREO, Paint system, Acrobat, etc.
- Setup and maintain video system
- Help maintain and support programs specific to MBC (vending, paint line)
- Work with operations to assist and complete special projects as required
- Help support CMS and EDI in Information Systems Administrators absence
- All of these duties and responsibilities apply to IL and SC operations
OTHER POTENTIAL DUTIES:
- Install, support and maintain new server hardware and software
- Support and maintain Firewall and VPN access - Network Security
- Manage email systems and software - Exchange 365
- Manage anti-spam and virus protection
- Maintain all software updates and security patches for all servers and PCs
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Requires a bachelor's degree and one to three years of progressively responsible related experience; or six to ten years of progressively responsible related experience; or a combination of education and experience. Requires the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and personnel policies and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, executives, government agencies and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as overtime, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and statistics.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of governmental laws, insurance plans, and technical information furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands and fingers, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, moving and carrying boxes and records. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts, in outside weather conditions, performs work related travel and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, occasionally loud. Required PPE: When in the production facility; Safety glasses w/ side shields and protective footwear with steel toe are required. Hearing protection is required in designated areas.
McLaughlin Body Company
AddressRock Island, IL
TechnologyView all jobs at McLaughlin Body Company