Under the supervision of a registered nurse, responsible for providing support to nursing staff and assisting in the delivery of patient care following patient care plan and hospital policies and procedures
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Provides routine patient care services such as call light response; ambulating, transferring, and positioning; personal hygiene assistance, prescribed bowel and bladder program assistance, etc.
2. Collects, records, and reports various patient data. Reports changes in patient condition.
3. Performs surgical skin preps, basic skin care procedures, bedside finger stick blood sugars, and quality control checks of blood glucose instruments.
4. Performs general unit support activities such as postmortem care, cleaning of rooms and areas, running errands, making deliveries, responding to Code Blue pages, Code Red, etc.
5. Performs other related responsibilities as necessary.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Specialized education requirements, for those not meeting minimum six-month nursing assistance experience requirement, include:
- acute care nursing assistant course preferred for acute care positions or
- long term care nursing assistant course or
- completion of an emergency medical technician program or
- completion of medical assistant program or
- completion of a clinical rotation while participating an accredited nursing program.
- Direct patient care experience preferred. Prior nursing assistant experience of at least six months is required when the specialized education requirements identified above has not been met
- American Heart Association BLS certification as Healthcare Provider or equivalent through the Military Training Network (MTN).
Job: Health Professional
Primary Location: Michigan-Lansing-McLaren Greater Lansing
Organization McLaren Greater Lansing
Employee Status Regular
Shift Day Job
Job Type Standard
Job Posting Sep 27, 2019, 2:10:18 PM
Req ID: 19009161