Daily Work Times: Variable
Scheduled Bi-weekly Hours: 0
Sign on Bonus
Position Summary: Performs routine clinical laboratory tests under the supervision of a medical technologist.
Job Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
2. Performs routine laboratory procedures according to standardized methodology.
4. Maintains quality results by running standards and controls, verifying equipment function through routine equipment maintenance and advanced trouble shooting; calibrating equipment utilizing approved testing procedures; monitoring quality control measures and protocols.
6. Provides test results for patient diagnosis and treatment by operating equipment such as analyzers, spectrophotometers, colorimeters, flame photometers, and other laboratory equipment; completes preventive maintenance requirements; follows manufacturer's instructions; troubleshoots malfunctions.
8. Maintains laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
10. Conserves laboratory resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
12. Provides medical technology information by answering questions and requests.
14. Prepares reports of technological findings by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
16. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
18. Maintains safe and clean working environment and protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control, hazardous waste and other policies and protocols.
1. Performs other related duties as required and directed.
- Associatedegree in an accredited Medical Laboratory Technician Program.
- Completionof clinical internship.
- American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP)MLT certification or eligible to take MLT certification exam and must becertified within one year of hire or transfer.
- One yearof experience in a diversified hospital laboratory.
We are committed to encouraging and sustaining a work environment free of unlawful harassment, discrimination, and/or retaliation. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's race, color, age, religion, sex/pregnancy (including pregnancy/childbirth or pregnancy/childbirth-related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status prohibited by applicable laws. We also make good faith efforts to recruit, hire, and promote qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans.
Primary Location: Michigan-Bay City-McLaren Bay Region
Organization McLaren Bay Region
Employee Status Regular
Job Type Standard
Schedule Per Diem
Job Posting Sep 20, 2019, 2:30:02 PM
Req ID: 19007677