McKinnon Legal Miramar, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
$37,000 - $47,000 yearlyResponsibilities:
- Aid lawyers in trial preparation by preparing and organizing exhibits, organizing and coordinating witnesses, conducting research on legal articles, and assisting with client meetings and filing motions
- Assist lawyers in preparing legal documentation, pleadings, and correspondence including correspondence such as interrogatories, subpoenas, deposition notices, complaints, pretrial orders, legal briefs, and affidavits
- Perform administrative duties such as answering phone calls and keeping our case filing system organized so all documents are readily accessible
- Gather information about legal issues from the client in interviews
- Arrange law office activity such as drafting subpoenas and coordinating with process servers
- At least 3 years of experience in legal services under an attorney or lawyer in a law firm setting
- Candidates should possess high-level organizational skills, and time-management skills
- Must have completed an ABA-approved paralegal certificate program such as an Associate’s degree or proprietary school program in paralegal studies, Bachelor’s degree desired
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Completion of a nationally-accredited paralegal program strongly preferred
McKINNON LEGAL's passion lies in bringing about better solutions for the family litigation clients we serve. We aspire to expand her practice to a multiple-lawyer organization to serve more families going through hard times coping and resolving a myriad of issues, including co-parenting, timesharing, the amicable division of assets acquired during the marriage, support and other ancillary matters related to the family. We enjoy bringing people out of difficult situations and are grateful when they let us know how our firm has made a huge impact on the trajectory of their futures. We love bringing resolution to acrimonious situations and helping post-divorce parties live better.
LegalView all jobs at McKinnon Legal