- Expired: May 09, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
McKinney Properties is an established owner and operator of apartment and student housing properties based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The company focusses on acquiring & repositioning or developing strategically located properties typically in dense, urban infill locations and near college campuses. The company manages majority of its own portfolio investments and provides third-party management on a select basis. Over the company's more than 70-year history, we have owned or managed more than 7,500 apartment units and 8,500 student beds. We currently own, manage or asset manage over 1,300 conventional apartment units and over 4,100 student beds with the intent to grow both our existing portfolio and our third-party property management business.
The Marketing Director (MD) is responsible for all marketing channels (including traditional, social and digital media), advertising campaigns, promotional activities, and branding efforts at each of the company's apartment and student housing properties. As the MD you will develop and implement the marketing plans for each property and work with the property management team to create innovative marketing strategies to maximize customer traffic and occupancy and minimize cost per lease. The MD will also be responsible for brand messaging and ensuring alignment between product positioning, marketing efforts and the procedures followed by the leasing team.
- Reports to Executive Vice President of Property Management
- Work with each of the Regional Property Managers to ensure the Marketing Plan is consistent with the pricing strategy of each property and the property's annual budget
- Interact with the property management and leasing staff at all properties to develop strategies and implement the marketing plan
- Help the staff to build relationships with organizations, associations, colleges & universities, companies, corporations, employers, and other groups that can be a source of customer traffic.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the various media & marketing channels specific to real estate and apartment leasing
- Develop and maintain relationships with content companies such as marketing, advertising, promotional and PR firms
- Create individual marketing plans for each property, oversee execution and monitor effectiveness
- Oversee, conceptualize and assist in the creation of all traditional and digital marketing campaigns & strategies and monitor their effectiveness
- Identify the target audience for each property and determine the most effective marketing strategies to reach them
- Develop the marketing budget in conjunction with the Regional Manager
- Coordinates the creation of content for all channels including each property's website and other web-based media
- Develop a deep knowledge of each property, the competition and the property's position in the market
- Develop a comprehensive social media strategy, including best practices, for each property and develop metrics to gauge its effectiveness
- Oversee and assist in the creation of the brand messaging and communicate a clear product vision and strategic plan for each property
- Monitor all social media activity at each property and coordinate responses with the staff
- Oversee all promotional activities
- Monitor the online reputation of each property and ensure that messaging and branding are consistent with the positioning of the property
- Oversee all digital marketing strategies and traffic drivers including SEO, SMO and PPC.
- Develop KPI's to monitor the effectiveness of all marketing efforts and their impact on customer traffic including all inquiries and shows
- Oversee design and production of all marketing materials and manage all vendors involved in outsourced production
- Perform on-site marketing audits to ensure that all aspects of the leasing process and Product are consistent with messaging and the company's quality standards Collect and report on all key marketing data points, web analytics and traffic statistics and create weekly action plan to react as necessary
- Create 90-day strategic marketing plans with specific goals for troubled and transitioning assets
- Monitors developing trends in marketing, social media, advertising and digital media and makes recommendations about their potential adoption and use
- Adopt industry best practices and routinely reviews competitors content and materials in order to evaluate the marketing materials of each property
- Evaluate emerging technologies in all channels related to this position
The successful candidate will be creative, hard-working, and team orientated. They will demonstrate a passion and enthusiasm for marketing and have a good eye for design. He or she will be tech-savvy, intellectually curious, analytical and a social media pro. The MD should also be high-energy, positive, persistent and a self-starter. To be successful, he or she must have superior communications skills, foster collaboration, think strategically and be outgoing, friendly, detail-oriented and have the ability to prioritize tasks and issues based on timeliness, relevance and importance. The MD must also have the desire and ability to train, share information and motivate.
The position involves periodic travel to each of our properties roughly 1x per year, or as needed, after an initial on-site assessment of each property immediately after beginning the position.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Communications, Marketing or other related field of study, or the equivalent in related experience and/or training
- 3-5 years of direct marketing experience, with an emphasis in social media or digital marketing
- Background in or experience with commercial real estate preferred
- Social media experience required
- Deep understanding of the rapidly evolving media and communications business
- Proficient with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube platforms
- Have in-depth knowledge and expertise in multifamily marketing and leasing
- Must be willing to live in or relocate to Pittsburgh, PA
- Proven experience with digital marketing including social media and mobile and with various digital marketing strategies including SEO, Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and direct email marketing.
- Proven track record of content creation/editing
- Knowledge of graphic design software
- Strong internet skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficient in the entire Adobe suite of creative and marketing tools.
- Facebook Blueprint Certification preferred
- Medical and Dental
- 401(K) with employer contribution
- Paid Time Off
- Short & Long-Term Disability
BusinessView all jobs at McKinney Properties