McKinley is seeking a Maintenance Technician for one of our apartment communities in Ann Arbor, MI. This position is with our Owned Residential division working only at communities we own and operate as important long term assets.
In our business, our customers live with us and trust us to take great care of their homes inside and out. That’s where you come in! As a Maintenance Technician at McKinley, you will be responsible for ensuring our residents have friendly, fast, high quality maintenance service for their homes. You will interact with residents in their homes and throughout the community. This includes anything from emergency plumbing repairs to picking up trash on the grounds.
A bit more about what you’re going to do:
• It will be your job to provide fast, friendly, and high quality maintenance service for our residents.
• You will be responsible for diagnosing problems and making repairs in areas such as, but not limited to: HVAC, electrical, plumbing, painting, carpentry, drywall repair, general cleaning, appliance maintenance and exterior structure maintenance.
• Prepare vacant apartments for our next resident by carefully inspecting, evaluating performance, and making any necessary repairs.
• Ensure workplace safety through the participation of all applicable safety rules and requirements.
• Participate in emergency on-call shifts and after-hours maintenance.
• For this position, it is required that you walk throughout the community. A golf cart is not provided.
Are you what we’re looking for?
• Ideally, you have a one to four years of related experience and/or training in areas such as, but not limited to: plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, drywall repair, appliance repair, electrical.
• You hold a certification/licensure in HVAC / Universal EPA (not required).
• You are comfortable bringing and using your own set of basic hand tools at work.
• A valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation is required for this position. You will need to drive your own vehicle around the property.
• Previous property management experience is helpful, but not required.
• Be flexible! Not everything will be brand new and in fact some of our communities are 50 years old and will definitely require creativity on your part to find the best solutions for needed repairs.
• The drive to provide exceptional customer service with every interaction.
Are we what you're looking for?
- McKinley was founded in 1968. Our main operations are in Michigan and Florida.
- We are well-regarded in all aspects of investment real estate. Our accolades are prominently displayed on our website for you to check out. Most importantly, we achieved this status by going above and beyond to create the best possible experience for our customers and employees.
- We value collaboration, creativity, and meet the highest expectations while having fun doing so. We wake up every morning excited to come to work.
What’s in it for you?
- We’re going to pay you well. You will earn additional bonuses for working an on call rotation.
- We have comprehensive benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, 401(k), Life and AD&D, EAP, Prepaid Legal. We’ve got it all.
- We have a great wellness initiative to help you meet your personal health goals!
McKinley Companies, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a smoke-free environment in all locations. We support a safe, healthy and drug-free workplace through criminal background checks and pre-employment drug testing.