Registered Nurse PRN/Registry.. New Graduates Welcome
McKinley Care Anchorage, AK
- Posted: over a month ago
- Per Diem
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the physical, mental and social health of our patients. In this role, you will build a caring relationship with each patient and ensure their medical care plan is applied.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Perform pre-admission and ongoing assessments of patients' physical and psycho-social needs
- Receive, transcribe, and carry out physician orders
- Order medications and oversee the resident's medication schedule
- Assure that all medications prescribed are available by auditing the medication records and cart twice weekly and ensure proper documentation for medication assistance administration
- Performs on-going assessments of each patients physical and psycho-social needs and coordinates with dietary, activities, pharmacy, physicians, and other disciplines to assure quality care as assigned
- Manages the self-medication assessment system in accordance with state guidelines.
- Performs care conferences for residents and families as assigned
- Acts as a liaison between patient, family, and physician to coordinate the care needs of each resident
- Supervises the maintenance of assisted living patient's charts and reviews documentation performed by staff as assigned
- Responds to urgent situations as they arise based on nursing standards
- Assuring compliance with all patient care related regulations (e.g., medication management)
- Documenting and providing accurate record-keeping, as appropriate
- Demonstrating personal/resident safety methods and procedures
- Supports a dignified and caring atmosphere with patients, patients' families, visitors, and staff.
- Protects privacy and confidentiality of information pertaining to the resident, employee, residence, company information and records
- Maintains a safe and secure working environment and practices safe working habits
- Participates in training, in services, and attends meetings as required.
- Assists with projects as assigned and performs other related duties.
- Performs other duties as needed and/ or assigned.
KEY WORK RELATIONSHIPS
The Registered Nurse will establish and maintain positive, ethical, and professional working relationships with clinical team members, clients, and outside organizations. Relates to a wide variety of people including members of ethnic and sexual minority populations and is respectful of individual and cultural differences.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have a valid and active Registered Nurse License in the state of Alaska
- Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred
- 1-3 years of experience as a registered nurse is preferred
- Must be able to pass background checks
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong commitment to working with individuals with a personal care needs
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good problem-solving skills
- Willingness to be flexible and work varied hours
- Willingness to work as a team
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to learn new tasks and skills quickly
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks effectively
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter
- Ability to manage crisis effectively
To successfully perform the essential duties of this position, an individual is regularly required to use hands, fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to stand and sit. The team member is occasionally required to walk. The team member must frequently lift resident and be able to lift 35- 50 pounds.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above position description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work performed; it is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and required skills for the position. McKinley Care employees will be required to follow any other position-related instructions and to perform other duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State laws. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an "at-will" basis.
The above position description has been reviewed by me. I understand my duties and responsibilities. I also understand that duties and responsibilities may change in order to meet the needs of the organization.
HealthcareView all jobs at McKinley Care