McKinley Care Anchorage, AK
- Posted: over a month ago
Join our team and make a difference to your community. We specialize in caring for residents with complex medical conditions including diabetes, heart and lung disease, dementia and cancer. At McKinley Care, we listen to the needs of our residents. We work with our community members to customize options that will help them lead the lives they want.
This opportunity for a Caregiver who will assist clients in setting and attaining short and long term goals in becoming as independent as possible and utilizes a team approach by sharing insights and information while accepting the same from other team members.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Ensure patient administers medication
- Responsible for simple computer based patient charting (point and click, no typing)
- Provide residents with assistance in activities of daily living (ADL's), including but not limited to, walking, dressing, eating, bathing, toileting, and transferring between bed and chair, shower chair and wheelchair
- Escort patients to and from medical appointments, obtain paperwork from physicians, assist with getting prescriptions
- Assist residents with making their bed and AM/PM care
- Change bed linens weekly or as needed
- Vacuum and perform general housekeeping duties in residents' room and in common areas
- Serve meals
- Launder, sort, and put away clothes
- Supervise self-administration of medications
- Must be flexible with services provided for each resident and carefully follow each individual's care plan provided for them
- Maintains resident records in keeping with company and state guidelines
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of the company
- Monitors day-to-day resident progress
- Perform basic office duties, be a presence at the front desk, and be available to address resident concerns while on duty
- Complete required initial training and ongoing continuing training in a timely manner
KEY WORK RELATIONSHIPS
Caregivers will establish and maintain positive, ethical, and professional working relationships with clinical team members, clients, and outside organizations. Relates to a wide variety of people including members of ethnic and sexual minority populations and is respectful of individual and cultural differences.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school or GED diploma; OR able to demonstrate to management the ability to read written instructions and to make appropriate entries regarding services in recipient records or files.
- CNA or MA certification preferred (not required).
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with elderly and with clients with complex medical condition required in lieu of CNA license
- Possess current CPR and Basic First Aid certifications (preferred); or be able to obtain upon hire.
- Must be at least 18 years of age per State of Alaska DHHS Job Requirements.
POST JOB OFFER REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to pass the State of Alaska Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) background check criteria.
- Must be able to comply with the State of Alaska DHHS annual tuberculosis (TB) testing requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong commitment to working with individuals with a personal care needs
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good problem-solving skills
- Willingness to be flexible and work varied hours
- Willingness to work as a team
- Ability to learn new tasks and skills quickly
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks effectively
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter
- Ability to manage crisis effectively
If interested, please apply at https://mckinleycare.applicantpool.com/
Disclaimer: This is not to be an exclusive list of all responsibilities', duties, and skills required of the person in this job. McKinley Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Successful candidate must pass, comply and adhere to McKinley Care Drug and Alcohol policy/testing requirements and pass a thorough background check including fingerprinting.