- Posted: over a month ago
McKinley Advisors is an award-winning association consulting firm providing tailored research and strategy services to solve the unique challenges of mission-driven organizations. The work the McKinley team delivers is consequential. Our clients have a direct impact on society, from improving healthcare outcomes to creating a more sustainable future for our planet and its people. We take that responsibility seriously.
Our team is composed of amazing individuals, each with a rich and diverse background and all sharing a commitment to deliver exceptional client experiences. McKinley Advisors was recently recognized as one of the “2022 Best Places to Work” by the Washington Business Journal.
McKinley offers a “Virtual Forward” workplace, providing the option to work in-person in our Washington, D.C. office or remotely in approved jurisdictions.
The Analyst supports a portfolio of diverse, advanced projects, focused on developing data-based strategies to help associations uncover opportunities related to strategy and innovation, organization excellence, and business transformation. The Analyst will conduct several different types of analyses related in support of a client’s strategic and business goals, including analysis of demographic, participation, and purchasing data, development of pricing models and frameworks for programs or products, pricing sensitivity analysis, financial forecasting and scenario planning, among others. The Analyst is responsible for providing the highest level of service to McKinley’s executive-level association clients and their volunteer leaders, as well as working with cross-functional internal teams through project execution and preparation of deliverables.
Project Contribution and Client Service (70%)
- Conduct analysis on client-provided data sets (e.g. membership rosters, transaction data, budget data, etc.); summarize observations and key trends to inform related project phases.
- Create financial deliverables including pro forma budgets, financial scenarios, pricing analysis and others to inform and advance clients’ assessment and planning efforts.
- Use critical thinking and problem-solving skills to answer organizational questions and address challenges through analysis of data trends, gaps and opportunities.
- Works independently to form and test hypotheses about data sets, and designing analytical tools to explore these hypotheses,
- Collect and organize disparate data sources in preparation for analysis.
- Support team-based analytics projects ensuring work products fulfill the stated goals and meet or exceed client expectations.
- Support clients by providing insights and effective practices that help to answer organizational questions and address challenges.
- Identify, develop, and align project themes and opportunities to recommendations that address key client challenges.
- Maintain a demonstrable commitment to the firm’s strategic priorities.
Project and Knowledge Management (30%)
- Manage project and internal teams (whether direct or indirect reports), providing frequent, clear and actionable feedback to team members and effectively advancing project tasks.
- Serve as a formal or informal mentor and seeks out opportunities to informally support staff across the team.
- Continually identify ways to innovate delivery methods/formats and creatively address project needs, especially as relates to data analytics, financial analysis, projections, dashboards, etc.
- Support McKinley knowledge sharing and continuous process improvement efforts.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in business, data science, or finance – or equivalent work experience
- Mid-level analyst or consulting experience preferred including at least 3 years of success in project management, data science, finance or similar field with a high degree of visibility and impact
- Ability to translate complex business problems into decision-making models, projections and scenarios, documenting assumptions and key questions along the way.
- Proficient knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Strong business writing skills
- Ability to manage and deliver on advanced projects in a fast-paced environment often with tight deadlines
- Market research familiarity, including collaborative survey design, as well as analysis that generates recommendations to clients
- Experience with project management tools and software, databases and/or business intelligence tools a plus (i.e.: Teamwork Projects, Microsoft BI, etc.)
- Knowledge of associations a plus
EMPLOYEE VALUE AND COMPENSATION
- Starting pay of $80,000 per annum, salary commensurate with experience.
- McKinley Advisors provides an excellent and comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k match, ancillary benefits, professional development opportunities, profit sharing, and unlimited paid time off.
- McKinley Advisors prides itself on being a highly collaborative and engaged workplace; we believe our people are our greatest assets and are always seeking ways to strengthen our work environment and culture.
- McKinley Advisors is a fast-paced, high-energy firm with a highly motivated staff. This job will experience high work demands under tight timelines requiring a flexible and adaptable approach to daily priorities. This position is sometimes sedentary and there will be long periods in front of the computer, possibly standing or sitting for long periods.
- McKinley’s headquarters office is located in Washington D.C. We also have a core team based in Chicago, with additional colleagues working throughout the U.S. This hybrid position can be performed at home, though it will require some in-office work for client, team and firm-wide meetings.
- Full-time, 100% FTE, Exempt
Building a Stronger Us
We are committed to building a work environment that doesn’t just welcome diversity, equity, and inclusion, but celebrates it.
At McKinley our most important value is being human. We put people above everything else and celebrate and support the individuality of our staff.
McKinley provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
BusinessView all jobs at McKinley Advisors