McKesson Corp is a Fortune 7 company and is one of the largest providers of medicines, pharmaceutical supplies and health information technology (IT) products and services in the United States with revenues of $208.4 billion in 2018. The company was founded in 1833 by John McKesson and Charles Olcott in New York with a focus on importing and wholesaling pharmaceutical products.
We're in an era of unprecedented complexity in healthcare. Patient care is not where it should be. While many of the organizations delivering the care need to get much healthier, too. This is why our vision is to improve care in every setting - one product, one partner, one patient at a time. And we're making this happen every day by touching virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with biopharma companies, care providers, pharmacies, manufacturers, governments and others to deliver the right medicines, medical products and healthcare services to the patients who need them, when they need them - safely and cost-effectively.
United by our ICARE values , our 78,000 employees work together every day to make better care possible for patients around the globe.
The Vice President of Digital Marketing is responsible for the inbound and outbound digital marketing efforts for the Pharmaceutical Solutions and Services business unit as well as responsibility for user experience and functionality of the corporate web site www.mckesson.com . This individual will serve as the corporate digital thought leader and will drive strategies, governance, best practices, and guidelines enterprise wide.
- Provide thought leadership, best practices, governance, and innovative guidance in all areas of digital including customer experience, analytics, CRM, inbound/outbound marketing, and digital media across the organization.
- Manage outbound (email, marketing automation) and inbound (SEM, programmatic display) digital marketing channels, and the underlying technology that supports these efforts for the largest business unit.
- Manage and innovate user experience, back-end operations, and data analytics on the corporate web site www.mckesson.com .
- Continually improve data quality standards to support improved segmentation, targeting, and reporting.
- Track resources against digital initiatives, lead the organization by tracking key metrics, and demonstrating progress against goals.
- Manage and evaluate digital processes, operations, and martech stack for efficiencies, quality improvements, and advancements.
- Build relationships throughout the organization to align priorities to business objectives and help foster a digital mindset.
- Stay current with digital trends, new technology solutions, and competitive strategies, and translate that knowledge into new marketing ideas.
- Lead, train, and coach the digital marketing team to provide best-in-class service across various departments while creating a positive and passionate team culture.
- Manage departmental budget.
- 15+ years of relevant professional experience, with an emphasis on direct and digital marketing.
- 10 years of diversified leadership, communication, organization, and people motivation skills (or equivalent experience)
BA or BS degree or equivalent experience. MBA preferred.
- Ability to articulate digital marketing goals, roadblocks and successes to senior leadership team/s.
- Proven experience creating digital strategies and implementing those strategies into cohesive campaigns/tactics.
- Experience building and leading a large team
- Thorough understanding of digital marketing tactics, principles and enabling technologies. For example: SEO (BrightEdge), SEM (Google Ads), marketing automation (Marketo), user experience, web site design, analytics (Google Analytics), CRM (SalesForce).
- Working knowledge of web site operations including CMS administration, publishing, front-end and back-end development.
- Track record of building and delivering successful, automated campaigns.
- Familiarity with regulations and compliance requirements impacting digital marketing (e.g., GDPR, CCPA, etc.)
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills.
- Comfortable leading and participating in cross-functional teams reflecting a wide spectrum of seniority and expertise.
- Keen understanding of digital drivers and how to capture and analyze data to successfully inform strategies and plans.
- Curiosity and a desire to constantly test, learn and optimize.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed, large corporate environment.
- Executive-level written and verbal communication skills.
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.Current employees must apply through internal career site.Join us at McKesson!