The Moon Township McKesson facility is seeking a Training Supervisor to provide support and leadership to the Implementation Training Team. In this role you will provide training and on-site support services primarily to Chain and Outpatient pharmacies on MPS Pharmacy Management Systems technologies including prescription processing, associated modules, interfaces, ancillary services, and systems.
The Training Supervisor will support the quality, efficiency, and trainer job performance of the training function via leadership over the training function itself and management of all associated full-time and contractor resources.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership for the MPS and Contractor resources responsible for providing onsite or virtual Implementation training services
- Build and maintain a training staffing and capacity strategy to meet implementation and training forecasts
- Provide goals and objectives for the training team that align with departmental goals and manage to those goals via performance appraisals, coaching, and developmental opportunities
- Align with the implementation service advisor to assure proper scheduling of resources fully utilizing trainers during non-travel weeks for cross-training and project work
- Provide feedback to trainers on individual service quality scores and other performance measures when defining areas for continuous improvement
- Manage the training team’s expenses and overtime based on financial goals and objectives
- Perform administrative duties to ensure proper tracking of trainer time utilization and trainer and training department expenses
- Review and approve trainer time and expense submissions on a weekly basis
- Maintain department policies and procedures and ensure team compliance
- Conduct direct observation of trainers during training delivery to ensure proper delivery of the content as well as provide coaching on delivery method and style
- Provide insight and input in the development and implementation of training curricula and programs.
- Review/Edit training materials created by trainers
- Act as both a voice for the Training team on cross-functional discussions, providing support to other teams and as an escalation point for training-related issues
- Collaborate with Implementation leadership to keep the training team aligned with other MPS implementation functions
- Produce and present detailed and summary reports on training efficiency, quality, and financials to Implementations Leadership
- Manage customer escalations
- Develop and maintain expertise in MPS Pharmacy Management Systems and other significant services and offerings from MPS to the extent that the supervisor can provide support to the training team and coverage, if needed, for training events
- Compile performance and utilization metrics for management
- 2 years supervisory experience in managing professional employees. In lieu of direct supervisory experience, indirect but proven supervision of team resources may be considered.
- Proven communication skills are required. Must have the ability to foster and maintain a positive and energetic culture within the Training team and must have the ability to handle and eliminate project obstacles directly with both the customer and other MPS personnel
- Experience in capturing training needs, analysis and program design development, training implementation practices, and adult learning theory required
- Facilitation Skills for Instructor-led, classroom, and virtual training sessions are required
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional and customer teams
- Excellent coaching, team building and group facilitation skills are required
Additional Knowledge and Skills
- Training leadership experience for B2B technology projects is preferred
- Direct experience with MPS&A technologies is preferred
- Retail or Outpatient Pharmacy Business Experience is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership to a team and a specific function within an Implementations organization is preferred
- Customer and escalation management experience is preferred
- 4-year degree in business management or related field or equivalent experience
- 20 - 25% travel may be required
A lot has changed in our 186 years, but our commitment to better health has not. Our vision is to improve care in every setting — one product, one partner, one patient at a time. And we’re making this happen every day by touching the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. United by our ICARE values, we work together to make our customers and partners more successful — all for the better care of patients.
We recognize that diversity contributes greatly to our company's success. We take pride in welcoming veterans, individuals with disabilities, and others with diverse perspectives to our inclusive environment. Our Employee Resource Groups provide you with opportunities to build awareness, grow personally and professionally while giving back to your community. Explore a career with McKesson, where we all play an important role in improving lives around the world!