The Data & Analytics Senior Platform Analyst will serve as a product owner for the Newton architecture. This role serves as the customer proxy responsible to define and prioritize the team(s) backlog in alignment product management vision and roadmap and ensures delivered solutions meet fit for purpose.
- Works with the Solution Leader to understand business priorities and upcoming features, address program backlog with teams and plan releases
- Defines and develops user stories and acceptance criteria utilizing team input
- Attends daily stand ups
- Collaborates with teams in delivery planning
- Provides insights to solution leader representing user feedback
- Works with the teams on upcoming features to identify risks and dependencies
- Within the Data & Analytics Platforms Solution team the Sr. Platform Analyst will oversee product portfolio roadmap and backlog of the 4 segments of the Newton architecture. Newton is comprised of 4 areas: Data Ingestion, Data Hub, Data Analytics, and Data Delivery. In each segment, engineering resources have been assigned and aligned to design, install configure and support the relevant tools and processes within that segment.
- Data ingestion is dedicated to the acquisition of data from disparate data sources and land the data into the appropriate Newton Data Hub destination.
- Data hub is dedicated to store and organize data ingested from disparate data sources and delivered into the Newton Data Lake and Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Data analytics is dedicated to extract data insights from the Newton Data Hub to deliver to users and systems.
- Data delivery is dedicated to deliver data from the Newton Data Hub to users and systems. The systems and tools within the Newton technology portfolio supported by the Data & Analytics Platforms solution team include but are not limited to IBM DataStage, Attunity, Sqoop, Informatica, Cloudera, Snowflake, Oracle, SAP BW, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Google BigQuery, SAS, Python, AzureML, Tableau, PowerBI, Looker and Mule ESB.
Typically requires 7+ years of relevant experience
- Contribute and participate as primary owner and groomer of product backlog on a Scrum/SAFE/Agile team in support of sprint and planning increment goals.
- Analyze business processes in-order to create requirements, specifications and systems solution designs in partnership with engineering team members.
- Technical writing skills, specifically around authoring user stories including the development of formal acceptance criteria.
- Working knowledge of data visualization and business intelligence.
- Working knowledge of relational databases, data warehouses and SQL skills.
- Proficient with Atlassian Suite (JIRA and Confluence)
- Proficient with Excel spreadsheets, modeling, and reporting.
- Prior data engineering experience using enterprise systems is a plus.
- Knowledge of programming languages is a plus (e.g. Python, Java).
- Knowledge of data science and machine learning is a plus.
- Knowledge of data warehousing & ETL best practices is a plus.
Degree or equivalent experience
General Office Environment
Job Profile: Sr. IT Generalist P4
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.Current employees must apply through internal career site.Join us at McKesson!