McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. It starts with the chain of events you initiate when you work with McKesson Pharmaceutical - a chain that extends across the country and results in millions of people getting more from their healthcare.
As the leader in pharmaceutical distribution and supply chain management, McKesson Pharmaceutical delivers vital branded and generic pharmaceuticals, as well as over-the-counter products, to more than 40,000 customers in three primary segments: retail chains, independent retail pharmacies and institutional providers such as hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks and long-term care providers.
We base our distribution excellence on electronic order processing, asset management tools, a commitment to Six Sigma methodology, order accuracy and supply chain safety. We work with our customers on solutions - including supply management technology, world-class marketing programs, managed care and repackaging products and services - that help them meet their business and quality goals. Our entire team works to ensure patients receive their medications efficiently and begin the process of healing.
As the nation's largest pharmaceutical distributor, US Pharmaceutical is committed to driving total pharmacy health for customers and ensuring that customers receive the right drug at the right time, every time. This commitment is underpinned by McKesson's focus on providing customers with the industry's highest product availability, intelligent ordering capabilities and unmatched service accuracy.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
McKesson is seeking a Sr. Director to lead the FP&A team for the generics business. The Sr. Director will lead a team of 11 finance professionals and manage the monthly close and forecast activities, annual budgeting, long-range planning, solve business issues, drive business initiatives, and provide business insight through advanced analytics. Other responsibilities include industry/competitive analysis and finance lead on M&A (business case development through post acquisition integration). The Sr. Director is a trusted business partner to the generics leadership team who can work collaboratively across the organization to produce actionable insight for strategic decision making. In short, a business partner who can influence C-suite decision makers.
- Provide business/financial insight to C-suite audience on monthly close and forecast
- Partner collaboratively with business owners to develop/produce KPI management reports to measure financial performance
- Lead the development and socialization of the annual budget and long-term plan
- Ensure financial integrity of generics FP&A analytics environment and manage road map for financial system improvements
- Advanced analytics on competitive analysis and industry events such as industry consolidation, generic price inflation, regulatory policies/environment
- Finance lead for M&A - from business case development to post acquisition integration
- Manage new generics launch pipeline and financial modeling of generic launches
- Effective business partner who can influence C-suite decision makers and work collaboratively across a large matrix organization
- Lead and develop a high-performing team
- Perform other duties as required
Typically has 13+ years of professional experience and 6+ years diversified leadership, planning, communication, organization and people motivation skill (or equivalent experience) .
- Bachelor's degree preferably within Finance or Accounting
- Experience developing and managing strategic financial projects/programs
- Proven success in building effective business partnerships at the senior level
- Strong ability to influence and provide strategic recommendations to C-suite decision makers
- Must have strong quantitative and analytical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Prior change management experience with success in leading a team of 10+ employees
- Knowledge of accounting GAAP principles
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- M.B.A/CPA preferred
- BW HANA COPA
- MS Excel and PowerPoint
MBA preferred in finance or related field or equivalent experience
General Office Demands
For Internal Use Only
Career Level: M5
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.Current employees must apply through internal career site.Join us at McKesson!