Mckesson Life Sciences has an exciting opportunity for a Product Owner to join their team.
If you have the drive for building amazing products that impact peoples’ lives daily, we want you! As part of McKesson, you'll be responsible for driving radical change while managing current performance of our Specialty Pharmacy and Technology product.
To fit in, you have to be jazzed about delivering amazingly simple experiences that make life easier for people. You’ll also need to be equally comfortable talking to techies in our sprint teams as you are communicating with our business partners across analytics, branding, operations, legal and compliance, and more.
In this role you will:
- Lead a cross-functional team to translate customer needs and technology directions into new or enhanced.
- You will be a dynamic product owner familiar with the Agile methodology who will rally the team and work in a highly collaborative environment. You will help define story acceptance criteria, manage and prioritize the team backlog, and contribute to the overall team vision and roadmap.
- Collaborate with internal partners. You will be exceptional at developing and nurturing relationships with key internal stakeholders in support of McKesson’s lines of business. The successful candidate will be able to understand customer expectations; industry best practices; current gaps & technical constraints; participate in developing the roadmap; drive requirements and ultimately partner with IT Delivery, Operations, enterprise teams (e.g. Legal, Compliance) and third party vendors to deliver the optimal customer experience.
Drives the development of IT product definition and solution plans to optimize the company’s products and services portfolio. Applies broad knowledge of company’s product/service capabilities and competitive environment to identify new growth areas, new technology, and emerging product/service opportunities. Oversees the analysis and evaluation of key market statistics and customer requirements to define product strategies and identify product opportunities to expand market share. Evaluates in-depth market analysis and leads business case for optimization of existing products/solutions alternatives and/or to create the next generation of new products. Collaborates with research and development to create products and validate early product definitions. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Management of product or solution backlog. Manages intake and facilitates sprint planning and prioritization with business stakeholders.
- Facilitates requirements gathering to turn business requirements into SAFe stories that can be leveraged by development.
- Participates in change management activities to ensure business customers are apprised of changes to the product or solution.
- Interacts with business development to represent the product or solution through any related dialog.
- Owns and manages KPI or other performance metrics and oversees development of dashboards for the purpose of enhanced communication to business stakeholders.
- 3 years of experience in digital product management
- 2 years of experience in Agile product management
- Scaled Agile Framework and Product Owner certification (preferred)
- Knowledge of Pharmacy workflow and management systems (preferred)
- Experience and knowledge of SDLC
- Experience and knowledge of data integration between systems
- Must have excellent technical writing skills
- Completes tasks independently or with minimal supervision
- Able to work across the organization effectively
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to stay organized and multitask with shifting priorities
- Relationship management: consultative, collaborative, and client-oriented
- Proficient using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering - MBA or Master’s degree (preferred), or, equivalent experience
- Less than 25%