Schedule: 2:00pm to 10:00pm.
Receiving Clerk Responsibilities
- Collaborating with procurement staff to list expected deliveries
- Receiving shipments and signing paperwork upon receipt
- Unloading pallets from incoming trucks
We are looking for a responsible Receiving Clerk to receive, inspect and record shipments with raw material or products. You will be responsible for unloading packages and checking their contents to ensure they match the orders.
A receiving clerk must have a great eye for detail and basic math skills. They must also have adequate physical strength to unload shipping's as well as the clerical skills to update records and follow up with suppliers.
The goal is to ensure we receive the correct packages and stock them appropriately.
- Collaborate with procurement staff to list expected deliveries
- Receive shipments and sign paperwork upon receipt
- Unload pallets from incoming trucks
- Inspect contents to ensure they are undamaged
- Verify packages according to order and invoices (quantity, quality, price etc.)
- Contact supplier or shipper if a mistake is identified
- Assume responsibility for returning unsatisfactory shipments or receiving replacements
- Label deliveries and allocate them to their designated place
- Ensure invoices are signed and paid for satisfactory deliveries
- Maintain accurate records and assist in inventory control
- Proven experience as receiving clerk or similar position
- Experience in operating sit-down forklifts and pallet jacks
- Solid understanding of health and safety regulations
- Basic math and recording abilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Great communication and interpersonal abilities
- Keen eye for detail
- High school diploma
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.Current employees must apply through internal career site.Join us at McKesson!