Rising communications professional with ability to partner in development and execution of communications strategies to advance organization and business goals. Exceptionally strong writer with the ability to clearly communicate complicated healthcare policy issues-making them digestible to variable stakeholder audiences.
Proven multi-tasker with ability to support the legislative, public policy and political engagement strategies of a fast-paced public affairs team. Results-oriented professional capable of executing flawlessly on projects big and small. Team player who can collaborate with partners in corporate communications, strategy, investor relations
and creative services. Creative and resourceful in navigating a complex matrixed corporation with internal clients and external customer sets in every segment that mirror the many transformations underway in today's healthcare ecosystem.
Position reports to both the VP Federal Government Relations and the Director of Policy Communications and Stakeholder Engagement.
- Planning and execution of government affairs communications strategy, programs, and activities to support Public Affairs department, and company policy objectives.
- Drafting collateral including letters, facts sheets, talking points, white papers, presentations (PowerPoint), newsletters, key messages, FAQ's, meeting and executive briefings.
- Digesting and curating analyses of legislation, regulations, and administrative actions and summarizing into appropriately digestible communications media.
- Collaborating with brand committee, corporate communications and investor relations functions where applicable.
- Supporting the advancement of stakeholder engagement programs, including employee engagement, key contacts, customer grasstops and multi-stakeholder coalitions.
- Provide planning and execution support for events as needed.
- Managing the McKesson Employee's Political Fund (PAC)
- Planning and executing quarterly PAC Board meetings, including preparing all materials (i.e. agenda, candidate contributions plan and profiles, political and policy landscape presentations, minutes, financial reports)
- Developing and executing semiannual employee fundraising campaign, including developing all materials (i.e. email solicitations, executive solicitations, videos, and other collateral)
- Producing quarterly PAC newsletters, annual PAC Contributions Report, and PAC website
- Ensuring PAC compliance with all applicable FEC regulations and state/federal laws, oversee annual PAC financial audit.
- Supporting government relations team in executing political contribution strategy
- Managing and supporting administrative personnel in managing contribution disbursements and maintaining PAC contributor database
- Planning/coordinating elected official visits to company facilities
- Develop and execute comprehensive digital advocacy strategy to support legislative and political objectives.
- Maintain social media channels - Source, create, vet and deploy digital advocacy content related to key policy trends and business objectives.
- Collaborate with McKesson's Internal Communications team to incorporate content into those channels as appropriate.
Management level: P3
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.Current employees must apply through internal career site.Join us at McKesson!