Our Distribution Center Network is looking for a dynamic and motivated Lead Delivery Professional to join our team from the Omaha, NE Location!
Our Delivery Professionals are the heart of our business at McKesson as the direct face to our customers.
We currently have the following position available:
Full Time Lead Delivery Professional position
Monday - Friday Start time is from 4:00 am - 5:30 am until work/route is complete.
The Driver Delivery Professional - Lead job will involve:
- Assisting in leading Delivery Professionals under the guidance of the Transportation Supervisor
- Filling in to deliver to customers as needed
- Guiding the Delivery Professional team with routing, vehicle servicing, vehicle cleanliness and inspections Assisting the Delivery Professionals in events of emergency and/or accident
- Assisting in training new delivery professionals
- Having advanced skills and expertise in a variety of work processes or activities
- Will be a team lead, coordinating the work of others, but not responsible for supervising
- Working autonomously within established procedures and practices
- Anticipating patterns and links; looks beyond the immediate problem to the wider implications
- Generating new and innovative solutions to complex problems
If you like the sound of these job tasks and perks, then starting your career as a Driver Professional is right for you!
- Local routes, home daily - we value your weekends!
- Be outside building client relationships face-to-face, not sitting behind a desk!
- Enjoy excellent benefits including 16 days of paid time off to all eligible employees along with paid Holidays
- Customized medical, dental and vision packages are created to fit you and your family's needs
- Be behind the wheel of well maintained, clean and modern equipment
- Keep Your Edge - Stay mentally sharp throughout your shift
- Stay Fit - Get your workout in as you bend, twist, and lift - Employees that participate in our Wellness program can receive Health discounts!
- Work Hard, Play Hard - That's right! Your performance will help you earn financial incentive on top of your regular pay
- 2+ years' experience in a parcel van or straight truck delivery vehicle, preferred
- Required to have a current valid US Drivers License
- Ability to maintain a safe driving history
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must successfully complete and be able to maintain requirements of physical set by DOT
- Working knowledge of Transportation Management practices and procedures
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal/written) and leadership skills
- Must maintain a violation free driving record
- Knowledge of Omaha, NE and surrounding areas
- Fast learner and flexible with work day.
- Leadership skills.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to lift 50 pounds unassisted
- Frequently required to sit for 3 or more hours
- Frequently required to stand for 3 or more hours
Career Level - IC-Operations Support-O4
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.Current employees must apply through internal career site.Join us at McKesson!