McKesson Corp is a Fortune 7 company and is one of the largest providers of medicines, pharmaceutical supplies and health information technology (IT) products and services in the United States with revenues of $208.4 billion in 2018. The company was founded in 1833 by John McKesson and Charles Olcott in New York with a focus on importing and wholesaling pharmaceutical products. United by our ICARE values , McKesson's 78,000 employees work together every day to make better care possible for patients around the globe.
We are seeking a Customer Service Representative to join our team in Irving, TX. Operating hours are 7am - 7pm CST. Work schedule will be determined by business needs. There may be times you will need to work a different schedule to meet business needs. Some weekend shifts may also be required.
Professionally and effectively interface with customers and company sales representatives to handle a variety of pre-sale or post-sale service functions of moderate scope and provide a world class experience to internal and external customers.
- Handle inbound calls/order entry and perform basic cross-selling duties. (Place orders and educate customers of the basic products and services available to them. Work with a sense of urgency and organization to ensure correct order is placed in accordance with distribution center deadlines.)
- Research and process credits to customers for stocked returns, damages and other issues. Follow correct procedures and compliance guidelines, such as hazardous materials, cold chain compliance and pedigree, to determine and document accurate reasons for credits, issue customer credits, and organize the logistics of returned product, effectively communicating with customer and sales throughout the process)
- Respond to basic customer inquiries regarding products, pricing and basic backorder reports in a timely and professional manner
- Provide customers requested documents (invoices, POD's) and samples
- Managing customer and product data within the system
- Communicating with cross-functional departments in order to coordinate customer service
2+ years customer service experience
- 1+ year experience using Customer Service technologies (JD Edwards, Cisco and case management, etc.)
- Experience using Customer Service technologies including JD Edwards, Cisco, case management, or Supply Manager preferred
- Professional communication; strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with internal/external customers including vendors, sales reps, and co-workers
- Strong medical and pharmaceutical knowledge a plus.
- General knowledge of customer service processes and procedures
- Energetic self-starter with attention to detail who can be resourceful with issue resolution.
- Able to effectively work in a team environment collaborating and ensuring open communication to achieve timely completion of all assigned tasks.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task in order to meet various deadlines and customer expectations.
- Strong problem-solving skills: able to analyze information provided, identify the root issue, and use resources appropriately to solve basic customers' problems/questions in a timely manner.
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Including Word, Excel & Outlook), internet explorer, and working knowledge of social media preferred (i.e. Google, Chatter, etc.). Ability to work with spreadsheets including copy/paste, data entry, edit, sort, and basic formatting.
- Keyboarding abilities at a medium proficiency level
- Successfully meet all performance standards/objectives of the role
- All other duties as deemed necessary including, but not limited to, phone support and special projects.
High School diploma or equivalent
Traditional office requirements. Large percent of time performing computer-based work is required.
Must be authorized to work in the US. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
Career Level: B2
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.Current employees must apply through internal career site.Join us at McKesson!