McKesson's Six Sigma organization is seeking to add a Business Process Consultant to its existing team in Clear Lake IA. This Consultant would be responsible for identifying, evaluating, and implementing operational improvements that generate millions of $ in cost savings. More specifically:
- Be a change agent to drive process change and value to our customers
- Provide consultative services to senior executives and business unit partners including financial reviews, business case development, and strategic project identification
- Manage both tactical and strategic projects to deliver incremental revenue, cost reduction and working capital optimization
- Maintain responsibility for project deliverables, timelines and stakeholder management
- Leverage presentations to develop the storyline and key value drivers
- Perform detailed analyses, synthesize results and deliver insights
The Six Sigma Business Process Consultant will work closely with managers, directors and/or non-exempt employees. The position will require the ability to accomplish the following:
- Plans, performs and implements process improvement initiatives (such as Lean or Six Sigma). Diagrams and evaluates existing processes.
- Organize, lead and facilitate cross-functional project teams. Develop metrics that provide data for process measurement, identifying indicators for future improvement opportunities.
- Collect and analyze data to identify root cause of problems. Measures performance against process requirements. Aligns improvement to performance shortfalls.
- Provides consultation on the use of re-engineering techniques to improve process performance and product quality.
- May deliver presentations and training courses including measurement, analysis, improvement and control. Surveys and analyzes best practices for techniques and processes. Communicates team progress. Performs cost and benefit analyses.
- Leads process improvement projects within the business unit and of moderate complexity. These projects could be provided by the business partners or defined independently.
- Coaching and mentoring of Yellow and Greenbelts will be required, although moderate. Receives little-to-no instruction on day-to-day work. The process improvement culture within the locations is moderate to high, possibly requiring moderate change management activities.
Initiatives typically originate at an executive level with executive level commitments. It requires a solid communication approach to facilitate work with customers and suppliers. The role requires collaboration with other Business Process teams to develop and execute process improvement. A high level of project management and influencing skills will be required to ensure success. Will need to be an expert in process improvement and have the ability to take challenging, ambiguous or visionary concepts to conclusion with team members across multiple functions.
- 4 years relevant experience, optimally in project management or process improvement
- Strong financial acumen/experience in calculating cost benefit analysis and ROI (helping other Black Belts and Green Belts identify financial savings)
- Self-motivated, organized and capable of pro-actively identifying, sourcing, and handling multiple projects (3-5 projects at any one given time) to successful completion
- Experience with cross functional projects involving executive level members as well as support staff and line level employees
- Data analysis and predictive modeling experience; ability to execute complex analysis and synthesize into a storyline to socialize, influence and drive action across the organization
- Advanced PC skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel (v-look ups, pivots, If statements, charts, graphs), Access (query, table comparisons, build macros, build multiple links, create dashboards), PowerPoint and Visio (development of process flows, map design layouts, value stream mapping)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to promote trust and collaboration to build strong relationships
- Must be open to flexible day schedule, Monday through Friday, with occasional need to shift to mid or night hours for required project work
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Exposure to Six Sigma and or other process improvement methodologies preferred
- Minitab experience preferred
- Solid P&L understanding and business acumen: ROI, IRR, Cost benefit analysis, Sensitivity analysis
- Experience as project leader of remote project teams preferred
- Knowledge of the healthcare distribution industry is a plus
- Knowledge of Six Sigma tools and methodologies including DMAIC, Lean, Kaizen, Workout and DFSS
- 4-year degree in related field or equivalent experience
- General Office Demands
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.Current employees must apply through internal career site.Join us at McKesson!