McKesson Corp is a Fortune 7 company and is one of the largest providers of medicines, pharmaceutical supplies and health information technology (IT) products and services in the United States with revenues of $208.4 billion in 2018. The company was founded in 1833 by John McKesson and Charles Olcott in New York with a focus on importing and wholesaling pharmaceutical products. United by our ICARE values , McKesson's 78,000 employees work together every day to make better care possible for patients around the globe.
The Associate Systems Engineer is responsible for applying innovative technical solutions to business processes, maintaining applications and hardware, consulting with business analysts and/or project managers to develop technical solutions, developing design and functional specifications, performing pre-implementation training, and providing post-implementation support. This includes gathering, compiling, and synthesizing information with regard to technology processes or systems; documenting requirements, design, and producing and executing positive and negative test scripts. This position provides technical assistance, workflow development, and software configuration/customization. This may include, but not limited to: custom reports, data imports, LDAP integration, custom development and scripting, and third-party software integrations.
- Applies innovative technical solutions to business and the application processes
- Maintains the assigned applications
- Defines and documents procedures for monitoring processes and workflows
- Performs troubleshooting for complex hardware, software and network problems. Configures and/or develops customer software within the platform.
- Works on multiple projects as a project team member, occasionally as a project leader.
- Deploys the release of new technologies as well as designs, installs, configures, maintains and
performs system integration testing of PC/server operating systems, related utilities and hardware.
- Responsible for troubleshooting/resolving workstation/server problems as reported by users.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends software and hardware products.
- Supports Web access and electronic messaging services and maintains a secure systems environment.
- Provides new hardware specifications to users based on application needs and anticipated growth, installs new servers and maintains the server infrastructure.
- Communicates effectively with management and other members of the project.
- Additional duties as assigned and defined by management
- 1-3 years work experience
- Works effectively in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- High level of expertise in multiple system environments.
- Proven problem-solving abilities and strong attention to detail and quality work output.
- Enthusiasm for customer service and IT support as well as learning new software technologies.
- Knowledge of healthcare order and distribution systems and/or healthcare finance systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or 4-6 years equivalent work experience.
- May sit, stand, stoop, bend and walk intermittently during the day. May sit or stand seven (7) to ten (10) hours per day. May be necessary to work extended hours as needed. Finger dexterity to operate office equipment required. May need to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds on occasion. Visual acuity to see and read fine prints. Specific vision abilities required by this role include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal voice sounds. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this role.
- Approximately 15% between offices depending on business needs
Career Level: P1
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.Current employees must apply through internal career site.Join us at McKesson!