McKesson Corp is a Fortune 7 company and is one of the largest providers of medicines, pharmaceutical supplies and health information technology (IT) products and services in the United States with revenues of $208.4 billion in 2018. The company was founded in 1833 by John McKesson and Charles Olcott in New York with a focus on importing and wholesaling pharmaceutical products. United by our ICARE values, McKesson's 78,000 employees work together every day to make better care possible for patients around the globe.
We are seeking a Account Executive, Oncology to join our team. The territory for this role is Minnesota, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan and Tennessee. Ideal candidate will reside within the territory.
The Account Executive role is responsible for retaining and growing their territory of existing customers/practices in oncology. This includes working with the customer to understand and identify the strategic vision and objectives within the customer organization while aligning McKesson products and services to ensure those business objectives are achieved. The AE should be well versed in developing and supporting the relationship between McKesson and the individual customer at multiple levels, including the c-suite. , assisting the customer in maximizing the various McKesson products they currently use and working with the customer to identify areas of need where additional McKesson products may enhance attainment of their business goals. This will also entail developing and maintaining a productive working relationship with all pertinent internal departments/teams as well as ensuring all internal stakeholders are working in conjunction with each other to meet the overall agreed upon goals and strategies for the customer. The AE will demonstrate a mastery understanding of the industry drivers, trends that are impacting their customers and driving their business, buying decisions and deploy strong business acumen.
- Jointly identify and drive the strategic vision and partnership between the customer and McKesson, ensuring alignment in expectations for the product/service and the desired outcomes. Establishing multiple levels of relationship with the customer (high and wide: at the user level, department head level, and senior management), engaging Sr. Leadership when appropriate.
- Day-to-day account management, relationship building, selling and troubleshooting. Act as both the internal and external customer liaison, serving as the customer advocate, including monitoring and supporting all activity and chasing problem resolution through the appropriate part of our organization and escalating customer issues quickly if problems are not being addressed sufficiently. Works with operations, finance, customer care, GPO, generics, sales effectiveness, contracts, and legal among other internal teams
- Analysis of sales reports and customer trends to proactively identify and capture opportunities
- Identify opportunities for cross-selling new products across McKesson, selling add-on services and working with the sales team to identify opportunities and drive them to closure
- Participating and deployment of training and education key learnings
- Travel and Expense booking and reporting.
- Sales Force: Document activity, customer notes/status updates, maintenance of current and potential customer profiles and utilize to complete/adhere to company processes
4+ years customer facing sales experience
- Healthcare experience in Oncology or Rheumatology preferred
- 4-year bachelor's degree in Business, Health Administration, Communications preferred
- Demonstrated success in customer growth and retention. Strong executive presence and demonstrated capabilities in establishing executive level relationships and conducting executive-level meetings and presentations.
- Must have superior communication skills with the ability to express complex messages and sell services through written and verbal communications to a variety of practice stakeholders (including physicians and administrative staff).
- Demonstrates leadership qualities and the ability to build and coordinate a team of professionals to accomplish a common goal/objective to deliver customer value
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills to prioritize and execute tasks
- Strategic and creative mindset with problem-solving capabilities
- Skilled in common business applications (MS Office) and ability to rapidly develop customer-facing presentations in MS PowerPoint
- SAP and Salesforce experience strongly preferred
- Must have valid drivers license and clear driving record
Additional Knowledge and Skills
- Experience with delivering customer quarterly business reviews or analyzing performance and communicating value to customers
- Knowledgeable in insurance/payer landscape and trends in reimbursement and healthcare reform
- Demonstrates an understanding of a private medical practice business model
- Experience with pharmaceutical products (preferably oncology) and buy-and-bill model
4 year college degree or equivalent related experience
- Large percent of time performing computer-based work
- Travel up to 80%
Must be authorized to work in the US. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
For Internal Use only: Career Level: S3
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.Current employees must apply through internal career site.Join us at McKesson!